DRAFT PICK discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagleys lack of jump shot attempts and his very poor ft% (62) indicates he wont be a good shooter in the Nba. Doncic shot a lot of threes off the dribble, contested shots ect and still had decent percentage. Also much better ft%. Everything suggests he will be a lot better shooter than Bagley in the Nba
Yes I agree.... but he’s our guy now so let’s hope he becomes a better shooter shall we?

I was GOING TO SAY that Vlade nailed this draft and I haven't had a good feeling about a kings' draft since 2010, and we all knew how that turned out.

But now, Gary has been traded.....so again, I guess it can be like the 2010 draft where a player flourishes outside of the kings organization. SMH. Dumb teams make dumb decisions.

You cherry picked the worst of the three seasons at only +7. The other two were better. The average was almost ten. For one player that's a major impact. It's not LeBron James but it's all star level. And maybe Bagley exceeds that... Pollard thinks his game is custom made for the NBA. A lot of the ex pros seem to like him the best in the draft. If you just want to look for the negative that's on you
... There's plenty of positives here.
I used the three seasons where he played, didnt play and then played because the team would be as similar as possible and it would be more coheisive. It was +7 and +8 but still a +50 win without him and still the same playoff succes without him.

Pollard also said he wouldnt touch Doncic top 10 so I dont see why his evaluation has any value. Also I have no idea hoe those ex pros got to their conclusion so it doesnt mean much to me

I used the three seasons where he played, didnt play and then played because the team would be as similar as possible and it would be more coheisive. It was +7 and +8 but still a +50 win without him and still the same playoff succes without him.

Pollard also said he wouldnt touch Doncic top 10 so I dont see why his evaluation has any value. Also I have no idea hoe those ex pros got to their conclusion so it doesnt mean much to me
Pollard was right about kd, trob, McLemore, and jimmer among others. He's building up a really solid public track record

Well trading the 37th to Portland for a couple future 2nd rounders was certainly anti-climactic.

Not sure the point of it but considering the overall night recon we will pursue Hezonja in FA. I am so not a believer in JJ.

Yeah, obviously what else can you do.. just have to get over the initial shock and anger. Vlade just has lost the last bit of trust I had in him
Why because you are so sure player X would have been better? I think Luka will bust but we shall see. It’s probably a year or two early to lose trust. Bagley as some have said has generational athleticism. Little early to lose faith on any of these top 6 picks.

Bad organizations stay bad for a reason.
Yep. Because they hire inept, non-qualified candidates to run the circus.

The ONLY time the Kings ever had a capable (not perfect) GM is the ONLY time the franchise was any good. That's not a coincidence.

If Geoff Petrie was running the show today and free from Maloofery intervention, which player do you think he was more likely to select?

HINT: He typically drafted well rounded players that were skilled shooters, passers with above average basketball IQ.

While Bagley certainly has some of those skills, there was a player on the board with more of those skills.

Bagleys lack of jump shot attempts and his very poor ft% (62) indicates he wont be a good shooter in the Nba. Doncic shot a lot of threes off the dribble, contested shots ect and still had decent percentage. Also much better ft%. Everything suggests he will be a lot better shooter than Bagley in the Nba
Gguod, yes I would've rather the Kings roll the dice more with Doncic. The Kings sort of played it safe (I think). I think comparisons to Bosh seem kind of fair, although Bosh was a decent defender and could shoot 3s ....the FT percentage does have me worried as does the over-reliance on his left hand and average (if that) passing. I have trouble seeing him as an All-Star. Maybe 15/7 as a rookie....he's not much of a triple double threat....he'll improve the offense possibly to the detriment of the defense.

Trading Trent Jr makes sense. We can only have so many young players on the roster. If we kept him, we'd have to trade someone else anyways to make space and ensure there is enough playing time to develop the youngsters.

Sign a FA small forward and start the rebuild process with your young core. We're done collecting players.

Pollard was right about kd, trob, McLemore, and jimmer among others. He's building up a really solid public track record
After that statement about Doncic, I would need to see his big boards for the last couple of years to even consifer taking him seriously. If you wouldnt touch Doncic top 10 in this draft, then there is most likely something wrong about your evaluation process

Yep. Because they hire inept, non-qualified candidates to run the circus.

The ONLY time the Kings ever had a capable (not perfect) GM is the ONLY time the franchise was any good. That's not a coincidence.

If Geoff Petrie was running the show today and free from Maloofery intervention, which player do you think he was more likely to select?

HINT: He typically drafted well rounded players that were skilled shooters, passers with above average basketball IQ.

While Bagley certainly has some of those skills, there was a player on the board with more of those skills.
I agree with you, though I wasnt even talking about Doncic vs Bagley but the shortsided handling of the second round pick..

I wanted Doncic and pretty Hoops back in Sac. But Bagley is dope - and probably fixes our rebounding ineptitude on day 1.

It’s too early to judge this draft. But the Kings definitely need t make some more moves to balance the roster. I’m tired of pieces that don’t all fit.

Hopefully this lights a fire for WCS - because his job is in jeopardy.

After that statement about Doncic, I would need to see his big boards for the last couple of years to even consifer taking him seriously. If you wouldnt touch Doncic top 10 in this draft, then there is most likely something wrong about your evaluation process
Doncic hasn't played a minute yet, he might be a complete bust for all we know. But I'm done talking about Luka, hope you get over it and can get on board with Bagley. I think he's gonna be great.

Why because you are so sure player X would have been better? I think Luka will bust but we shall see. It’s probably a year or two early to lose trust. Bagley as some have said has generational athleticism. Little early to lose faith on any of these top 6 picks.
I have wrote about Bagley in his own thread. You can read my post there why I'm not high on him

Gguod, yes I would've rather the Kings roll the dice more with Doncic. The Kings sort of played it safe (I think). I think comparisons to Bosh seem kind of fair, although Bosh was a decent defender and could shoot 3s ....the FT percentage does have me worried as does the over-reliance on his left hand and average (if that) passing. I have trouble seeing him as an All-Star. Maybe 15/7 as a rookie....he's not much of a triple double threat....he'll improve the offense possibly to the detriment of the defense.
Bosh comparison is maybe fair offensively. Bosh had like 7-4 wingspan and become a good defender in Miami do defensively not a good comparison.

Bosh shot 73%ft in college, Bagley shot 62%. To me in order to be the #2 pick at his position he would need to be a shooter and a plus defender. To me he projects to be neither of those in the Nba

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He said he wouldn't take him because he hadn't seen him play in games. Nothing wrong with that.

Traded Trent for two future picks. Ugh. Why not draft and stash Bonga
No room at the Inn. This is kind of a weird situation anyway, when we have very few roster spots for the Kings and drafting just a park guys in Reno is maybe not the best call if you're not thrilled about who's left on the board. I'm guessing the thought is better to pick fresh meat next year.

I agree with you, though I wasnt even talking about Doncic vs Bagley but the shortsided handling of the second round pick..
Right.

But regarding Bagley vs. Doncic, I'm not predicting that Bagley won't be a good player. He probably will be the 20/10 guy his fans say he will be. But that's not good enough for this franchise. They need something greater than that. And the international fanfare and viewing excitement that comes along with Luka certainly wouldn't have hurt given the lack of interest in this franchise outside of the Sac metro area.

Doncic hasn't played a minute yet, he might be a complete bust for all we know. But I'm done talking about Luka, hope you get over it and can get on board with Bagley. I think he's gonna be great.
And anyone who can evaluate tape and statistical data would never say he wouldnt touch Doncic top 10. Anything can happen but Doncic was a slam dunk pick so I'm afraid its going to haunt this franchise among its other horrible drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.