Down in the Valley

I will say the documentary reminded me how much i cant stand george maloof
Exactly right. I'm glad the documentary pointed out how out of left field that dude suddenly appeared.

While Gavin and Joe deserve blame for their own doings and following their errant brother, I do feel as if most of it came from George and not those two. They just all subscribe to making "family" decisions and unfortunately put their faith in their brother since he got them into all that debt building up the Palms. They got in so deep that they felt they had to sell their father's alcohol distribution company.

Watched it again. Made me think about people who say, man you guys act like you won the nba finals. Man, you will never understand what basketball here means to us
Truth.

We actually won the NBA Finals when we kept our team. Everything else is gravy. That said, actually winning a title on the court would be just as sweet as the one won off it 10 years ago.

Truth.

We actually won the NBA Finals when we kept our team. Everything else is gravy. That said, actually winning a title on the court would be just as sweet as the one won off it 10 years ago.
The crazy thing is it was released before Golden One even opened. So it was like this weird moment where everything felt good but somehow it just kept getting worse. I know there were more than a few folks who over the next few years felt like why did it even matter. You can't really tell the full story without revelations about KJ giving way to basketball hell and disillusionment about Vivek. Even The Scores being dismantled for no good reason followed by the Puke Walton era.

The Beam Team can really be the start of the bookend to a period of absolutely misery that the doc only starts to touch. I really love this team top to bottom and there's so many stories with all the guys from Fox & Monk and Fox & Recee and their connections to MB and Luke Loucs and Domas w his family and the connection to the Lakers killer Arvydas Sabonis who fell to the Lakers just before we did.

I hope this team's trajectory leads somewhere great and all the footage used and unused from DITV can be recut into something that tells an even greater story that's still unfolding

The crazy thing is it was released before Golden One even opened. So it was like this weird moment where everything felt good but somehow it just kept getting worse. I know there were more than a few folks who over the next few years felt like why did it even matter. You can't really tell the full story without revelations about KJ giving way to basketball hell and disillusionment about Vivek. Even The Scores being dismantled for no good reason followed by the Puke Walton era.

The Beam Team can really be the start of the bookend to a period of absolutely misery that the doc only starts to touch. I really love this team top to bottom and there's so many stories with all the guys from Fox & Monk and Fox & Recee and their connections to MB and Luke Loucs and Domas w his family and the connection to the Lakers killer Arvydas Sabonis who fell to the Lakers just before we did.

I hope this team's trajectory leads somewhere great and all the footage used and unused from DITV can be recut into something that tells an even greater story that's still unfolding
The decision to never air this documentary is DUMB from the simple fact that, even if KJ is/was guilty of what he is accused, it doesn't change any of the relocation story. KJ was still involved and still prominent. Nothing can change that.

If they chose to add some type of text to the beginning or end of the documentary distancing themselves from KJ and his possible transgressions, fine. But to not air or release it was and still is downright ridiculous. It was, however, a huge red flag foreshadowing the eventual path that gutless network ended up going down.

There were so many amazing moments that I wish would have made the cut. Incidentally, 10 years ago today was what many of us thought would be the last game in Sacramento. I was in the car with the mayor heading to the game. He kept rolling down the window saying "See you next year" to any Kings staff member in sight. View attachment 11811

So back when the Anaheim rumor hit, I grabbed the anaheimroyals.com address. It was funny listening to people on the radio and reading about all the speculation about it.