Did we pull the "pull the offer" move on Calderon, too?

Might be reading too much between the lines, but thought this tidbit was interesting:

What made him decide to sign with the Mavs?

“The truth is that I don’t know if there was exactly that many options there. Sometimes the offers come and go two hours later. It’s kind of a weird thing. ...”

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2013/0...use-theyre-rebuilding-so-about-those-pistons/

The 31-year-old Calderon is looking for a team that’s a little further ahead in the rebuilding process than the Kings, who are just a couple of months removed from the team being acquired by a group led by Vivek Ranadive that kept it in Sacramento.

"It just wasn’t the right timing for him right now," agent Mark Bartlestein said of Calderon and the Kings. "They did a great job. They have a great vision for where they’re going with the franchise. They have a ton of energy. It’s just where Jose is, they’re rebuilding and everything, it just wasn’t the right fit right now."

I believe we met with Jose several days before his announced decision (I believe we met with him on the first day of FA and he came out 4 or so days later with his agents declaration - don't feel like looking this up), so it would seem odd it that's how it went down, but who knows