Desert Island Music Draft signup...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
you've got 14, that's an even number you can run with.

alternately my offer stands. dig up just one more person and I'll match in to make it 16.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
you've got 14, that's an even number you can run with.

alternately my offer stands. dig up just one more person and I'll match in to make it 16.
I'd much rather have 16, as it makes things easier further down the road. Let's see if we can get one more and then we'll grab you into the fun. :)

Thanks for joining uolj. Lets get this party started!

I suggest an outside observer do the randomizer for seeding purposes. I know Warhawk has been obliging in the past...

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Here you go....randomized at Random.org 13 times for the 13 on the back of Vivek's jersey at the rally. ;)

1.kingsnation
2.VF21
3.UK Kings fan
4.Turgenev
5.dukeswh
6.EndGame
7.Jespher
8.NoBonus
9.Padrino
10.Bricklayer
11.Mr. Slim Citrus
12.William Blake
13.Löwenherz
14.Capt. Factorial
15.GoGoGadget
16.Kingsgirl4

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Here you go....randomized at Random.org 13 times for the 13 on the back of Vivek's jersey at the rally. ;)

1.kingsnation
2.VF21
3.UK Kings fan
4.Turgenev
5.dukeswh
6.EndGame
7.Jespher
8.NoBonus
9.Padrino
10.Bricklayer
11.Mr. Slim Citrus
12.William Blake
13.Löwenherz
14.Capt. Factorial
15.GoGoGadget
16.Kingsgirl4
14th...I guess that means I don't have to worry about taking a strong #1 - I can just go with BLPA.

Oh, and I had just a few questions on technicalities that weren't clear.
1) It would appear that "double albums" - a true studio album released on two records or two CDs - should be legal, is that correct? There are instances (not trying to give any hints) of something resembling a double album - two closely titled albums released on the same day, but PACKAGED SEPARATELY - where I would guess that you would have to draft each one separately.
2) The timeframe says "1800's - modern day". The phonograph was released in 1877, so perhaps this simply means that anything released as an album/8-track/cassette/CD/digital is fair game. The thing is that most music surviving from the 1800s is orchestral and there are a lot of issues, including multiple recordings that come out of that. If I wanted to draft a symphony, for instance, would that be legal and what are the rules for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Bricklayer is playing the place holder. If he is willing, I'm confident that you may have his place.
No, no... Uk kings fan gets my place. I was the last to sign up and only did it in order to help fill out the draft. (Same with Bricklayer, but he volunteered before me so he gets to stay).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
14th...I guess that means I don't have to worry about taking a strong #1 - I can just go with BLPA.

Oh, and I had just a few questions on technicalities that weren't clear.
1) It would appear that "double albums" - a true studio album released on two records or two CDs - should be legal, is that correct? There are instances (not trying to give any hints) of something resembling a double album - two closely titled albums released on the same day, but PACKAGED SEPARATELY - where I would guess that you would have to draft each one separately.
A double album would generally be acceptable, provided it was originally released as such in one package. If the albums were packaged separately, they're different albums.

2) The timeframe says "1800's - modern day". The phonograph was released in 1877, so perhaps this simply means that anything released as an album/8-track/cassette/CD/digital is fair game. The thing is that most music surviving from the 1800s is orchestral and there are a lot of issues, including multiple recordings that come out of that. If I wanted to draft a symphony, for instance, would that be legal and what are the rules for that?
It doesn't depend on when the work was written. It depends on how it was released. If Vlade's Third Symphony for Kazoo (which we all know was written in 1996) was released on an album (Vlade's Third as performed by the Peja School of Advanced Kazoo) in 2002, you're drafting that specific album and not the better known (but in my opinion less entertaining) album (Teko Hurdaglu plays Vlade's Third) that was released the same year.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Now, as far as who the participants will be...

UK kings fan is in as he really wanted to participate (and did, in fact, start the thread asking if there were going to be any drafts this summer). Bricklayer will fill out the draft, as uolj was only stepping up to give us our 16 and has indicated he really didn't care to participate.

I'll send out the PMs to everyone to let them know the roster is full. We'll start the draft once that's been done and people have had a chance to learn their draft position. It's not fair to start a draft on a Friday as some people don't check the board over the weekend unless they have a reason to do so...

EDIT: PMs have been sent and the actual draft thread has been posted. Once kingsnation makes his pick, the second participant (VF21) will be on the clock. I may not pick right away because our third participant is across the pond and sound asleep at the present time. Once we get rolling, there should be no problem with our global drafters, as they will always have a 24-hour period in which to post their selection.

Let's have fun!

:)

Last edited:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I prefer not to participate. I did it only to help you guys out. My preference is that Bricklayer get tht last spot. If I end up with it, I'll go ahead and draft with a smile on my face.

Cheers guys :D made my pick and looking forward to it :D

One question... on the made draft board it says only up to 2008 which I assume was the last time this draft was done? is that still the case or is it to 2013 now??

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Cheers guys :D made my pick and looking forward to it :D

One question... on the made draft board it says only up to 2008 which I assume was the last time this draft was done? is that still the case or is it to 2013 now??
Would have to be 2013 methinks. That was probably just a copy/paste from the original.