DeMarcus FREAKING Cousins

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We are all getting our wish of him just playing the game and not complaining, despite everything. He really has composed himself and in such a short period of time. I hope this isn't a temporary thing and this is the new and improved Boogie moving forward.
A lot of us were adamant about people having patience with Boogie, especially with the arrival of Dave Joerger. What we're seeing right now is what we were talking about. It's not a temporary thing.

We are all getting our wish of him just playing the game and not complaining, despite everything. He really has composed himself and in such a short period of time. I hope this isn't a temporary thing and this is the new and improved Boogie moving forward.
He has been different since the Rudy injury. I think seeing Rudy go down made him ponder how fortunate he is but also how fragile it is that you can go down at any moment. Not shockingly this probably the best ball this team has played since 9-5 Malone. Lets see how they progress.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He's been about loyalty since his first day as a King. Now, he finally has a coach that backs him up 100%. Cousin's finally blooming into the superstar we all thought he could be. Did anybody hear Demarcus on the post game saying "no more iso-ball"??? Pretty sure that was a shot at Rudy hahah
I don't think so. Boogie isn't gonna take a shot at Rudy. It's not his style.

Hornets announcers were amazed by Cousins. He really is a freak in terms of his combination of size, strength, skill, hands, agility, touch, passing ability and awareness.
I think we Kings fans are spoiled in seeing it every night. The fact that the team hasn't been winning consistently over the years provides a reason to take him for granted, but this game is a team sport and one player can only do so much. I firmly believe the Kings would have been at Sixers level -- winning 10-20 games most years -- had Cousins not been on the team. They won 33 last season despite all the drama dysfunction and lack of talent. That's because most teams in the league can't freaking guard the guy.

As good as Golden State has been with KD this season, imagine what they'd be with DeMarcus in the middle instead. Either Cousins would never be doubled or tripled or Steph and Klay would be wide open on every play. If the Kings can get a couple shooters/scorers only half as good as those two guys, the oppositions defense would be in a serious catch 22 situation against them.

You honestly think he wanted the burden of the whole freaking team on his back? He's loving the way they're playing right now because it's how the game was meant to be played.
Of course not. I was just trying to say that Cousins wasn't calling Rudy out specifically with that quote.

Hornets announcers were amazed by Cousins. He really is a freak in terms of his combination of size, strength, skill, hands, agility, touch, passing ability and awareness. I dont think there is another player in the world that commands as much attention as him. I wish there was a stat for most double teams drawn.
Well said.

When you have a player that effects the defense that much, it is vital that the team around him mold their entire game around reacting to the other team's attempts to shut down Cousins. That is when you get the doubling and tripling positive effect of a superstar, especially one like Cousins with his multiple threats.

This is the reason Rudy can't work here. Rudy tries to be a second sun in the solar system. It distrupsts the gravity field. On great teams every player has to be on the same page with whatever unique chemistry is there. Ours is dictated by a once in a generation talent that can lift all boats, if they are willing to go with the tide.

If this happens Cuz will have seasons in his career where he averages close to six assists. Imagine 30/12/6/2/2

Last edited:
The last couple weeks Cousins hasn't been looking for his shot as much, and I honestly found it frustrating. Who doesn't like seeing those 50 point games?

But it looks like it's starting to pay off. Like how other superstars get teammates involved early, so they can count on them late. Now we're seeing the extra pass, something I never saw on this team unless they were scared to shoot.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hornets announcers were amazed by Cousins. He really is a freak in terms of his combination of size, strength, skill, hands, agility, touch, passing ability and awareness. I dont think there is another player in the world that commands as much attention as him. I wish there was a stat for most double teams drawn.
Dell and company were certainly more excited about Boogie demolishing their entire team than Grant and Jerry were, that's for sure.

On an unrelated note, the Charlotte TV crew remains one of my favorites in the NBA.