De'Aaron Fox wins NBA's inaugural Clutch Player of the Year

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
damn this thread is wild, there's literally a definition for clutch - 5 minutes or less separated by 5 points or less. One player completely dominated this category. Kyrie had more game winners and 4th quarter points and probably deserved runner up. Fair case for Herro who was "most efficient" in the clutch. But Fox pretty much lead every other measure by a mile, including total points scored and was top 3 in any other category.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I have another question, will winning this award boost Swipa’s ratings in NBA 2K23 and 24? :p

Me thinks a lot of online players will be taking the KINGS hoping to capitalize on #5’s clutch abilities….
He just got a 99 overall MyTeam card based on saturday.

Next year I expect his regular card to be much higher. Mostly by virtue of him landing on the 3rd team all NBA.

An incredibly gifted young man who has responded to a coach who sees his gifts.
He has the potential to rack up a career that measures up to the greats.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
JJ Reddick, Richard Jefferson, Amin Elhassan, Kenny Smith, and Kendrick Perkins are among my guesses... since they were the most vocal Fox non-believers.
Reddick has come around on the Kings. Perkins too.

I'll buy RJ and Kenny though. Sucks because RJ was a favorite wildcat of mine and I loved Kenny when he played in Sac. Absolutely robbed in the dunk contest almost as bad as Wallace. I don't know Amin's deal.

I feel like the non-votes are probably from mid-market nobodies that voted for "their" guys instead of treating an award with the respect it deserves.

Reddick has come around on the Kings. Perkins too.

I'll buy RJ and Kenny though. Sucks because RJ was a favorite wildcat of mine and I loved Kenny when he played in Sac. Absolutely robbed in the dunk contest almost as bad as Wallace. I don't know Amin's deal.

I feel like the non-votes are probably from mid-market nobodies that voted for "their" guys instead of treating an award with the respect it deserves.
Well, the full ballot will be released after all the awards, right?

Since these are voted on by bias reporters, we should have a new rule where if you fail to choose the eventual winner in your ballot, you'll be stripped of your voting duty for 5 years.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Well, the full ballot will be released after all the awards, right?

Since these are voted on by bias reporters, we should have a new rule where if you fail to choose the eventual winner in your ballot, you'll be stripped of your voting duty for 5 years.
I don't know about that entirely, but this award was fairly clear cut. The NBA had recognized a definition of clutch and Fox lead just about every measurable metric and was in the top 3 or so of the others. I think Kyrie had the most game winning shots and he was 12th!

To me it's kind of like voting on "rebound champ" or "scoring champ". This time it was staring you in the face. It's not 100% subjective like MVP is, either have an algorithm do it or get rid of the official clutch definition.

Maybe Vlade was right in not wanting to draft Luka because he didn’t want to take the ball out of Fox’s hands.

At this time, we really are in a lot better position than Luka and the Mavs.

In the end, Monte really cleaned up the rest of Vlade’s mess, but Vlade was correct, Fox really is the Man!