Curry out=? Fox in as Western All Star?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if I'm Fox I'd decline but it looks cool on a resume and I'd imagine there is a bonus involved, if he is the choice of course

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Pretty sure an all-star appearance triggers a bonus and a significant one, plus it makes him eligible for the super max or at least contributes towards that, doesn't it?

Also once you are an all-star getting the next nod becomes 100x easier. I mentioned it in another thread but once Mitch had his All Star MVP it opened up the floodgates for a guy who had one playoff appearance with a losing team on his NBA resume with the Kings.

With a new baby, I would not take a late "sorry" invitation. Playoffs more important. Screw the all-star game if he gets a late invitation

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can't imagine, in a league where financial bonuses are tied to individual achievements, a player having the mentality of, "If I don't get voted in, I don't want it!" That even sounds ridiculous.
not at all. it's all a matter of perspective. do you like getting participation points or trophies for simply trying?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I happen to think it's insulting to reduce a six-figure financial bonus and making me eligible for a super-max contract to "participation points," but your mileage obviously varies.
if those are the stipulations that the union has decided to conclude with then there is a flaw in the system but it all counts the same I suppose

I happen to think it's insulting to reduce a six-figure financial bonus and making me eligible for a super-max contract to "participation points," but your mileage obviously varies.
I've looked at his contract situation, and I don't see anything that specifies a bonus with an All Star nod... are you thinking of All-NBA?

I believe that's something that was negotiated by the players union across the board. Please feel free to correct me.
Oh yeah, I guess you are right. All-Star players on the winning team receive 50k, players on the losing team receive 25k. Other than that, the only bonuses I see are ones specific to a player's contract, a la Sabonis

*edit: 100K per player on the winning team