Curious question...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I will simply re-post what I said in the most recent "Trade Evans" thread:

Bring up all the stats you want to Brick. The only one that matters is 6-6 without 5-13 with.
I don't think that's the only one that matters: I'll tell you another one that I think is equally as important: 7-7 versus 4-13.

To me, it's not a "Ewing Theory" situation, it's a "Too Many Cooks" situation. It's not a matter of the team playing better without Evans, it's a matter of there only being one ball. People sometimes forget that, when this team is at "full strength," we have seven shooting guards (three of which are ridiculously undersized, and thus nominally assumed to be point guards, when they really aren't). We have seven shooting guards, whose first instinct is to dominate the ball, and/or chuck it up, as soon as they get their hands on it.

The Kings are 7-7 when five or fewer of them play, and 4-13 when six or more of them play.

So, it turns out that reducing the number of people chucking the ball at the rim improves ball movement. Who would have thought?
With the notation that, since I made that post, the Kings are now 9-8 when five or fewer of them play, and 4-14 (counting tonight) when six or more of them play.

The obvious solution is to get rid of some of the guards. Whether one of those guards needs to be Evans is a matter of taste.

Gary

All-Star
are we better off without Tyreke?

What is the record when he plays? or doesn't play?

It's a lively debate here. I think Evans should be used differently than he is now, and putting him in the starting lineup pretty much screws up our starting lineup if the SF and PG don't shoot 3s very well.

Our record this year with Evans I think is 5-14 and without Evans is 8-8. If you wanted to go as far as saying that games in which Evans didn't play or played less than 15 minutes the record would be 8-10 without and 5-12 with.

That's all that I will say about that in this thread. I am tired of talking about Evans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I will simply re-post what I said in the most recent "Trade Evans" thread:

With the notation that, since I made that post, the Kings are now 9-8 when five or fewer of them play, and 4-14 (counting tonight) when six or more of them play.

The obvious solution is to get rid of some of the guards. Whether one of those guards needs to be Evans is a matter of taste.
Co-sign.

Evans' problems are resolved by surrounding him with only decent catch and shoot shooting now that he might be shooting some - if you look at games where he actually gets the ball a lot, then he's probably shooting well. Creative mediocrity cannot be cured. It can run circles around other lottery and a few occasional very tired good teams on its way to 35 wins, but when it meets real teams that is fit and focused, it gets blown out of the water.

It is kind of a trick question. How can we fairly judge Tyrekes contributions? He has had a a few different coaches, played 3 different positions, dealt with a shortened lockout season, has no defined role and hasn't been healthy enough to get into any rhythm this season.

I would need to see Tyreke play regularly for a few weeks first, solid minutes, a set position with a system and a role in it. As it is now, I think he would be better without the Kings.