Cousins would not let IT shake CP3's hand post game

What dectractors will fail to notice about this was that Cousins was smart enough to find a way to send a message about the game and the refs without costing himself or the team a fine or suspension. Of course, this only works if IT and Boogie are close enough for Thomas not to take offense to being yanked away.

Boogie will be the greatest King since CWebb. His competitive fire is the same, talent upside… higher. If he has the humility to keep learning and growing… wow.

He reminds me of CWebb more and more each day. He HATES TO LOSE!!!

I LOVE that he did this. Hope IT plays along the right way.

And if you imagine, just for a minute - that there MIGHT have been any kind of "its him or its me" thing between him and Tyreke (none of us knows for sure but it isn't outside the realm of possibility) … well I throw my chips all in behind Cuz every day.

K

KingMilz

We just got robbed by a scumbag who is a known flopper Big Cuz did what any good brother would do and that's educate his little brother not to associate with scum like Cp3.

Its not like its the norm for cousins. He shakes players' hands after the game. But, he's an honest person and he cannot associate himself and as a leader, his teammates, with self-absorbed, entitled douches.

And I respect him for that. He's not a sheep who bows down to anybody just because they're "stars". Guys like griffin who when the going gets tough, turns on the spoiled brat mode and gets his way with the refs more often than not.

Now, does cousins complain to the refs as well? Yes, but if he even got 1/10 of the calls Blake gets, it would have been long over.

What i do hate the most of the clippers is when there is hard foul, you immediately get these innocent aggressive shoves and pushes from deandre, Blake, hollins, Paul and of course Barnes. As if theyre trying to break it up, but see the opportunity to get their shot in.

So, eff them. I applaud you demarcus.

If this incident builds the character of this team, unites them in a way, I'm all for it.

Also CP3 has been kind of a douche since he began playing for the Clippers.

To play devils advocate, if it's just an act of petulance, then it needs to be stamped out.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Considering how much whining and ref-working was going on by the Clips, I'm glad Cousins did what he did. He always plays them with a chip on his shoulder. They're pretenders, "fake tough", and he treats them as such. If the result of Cousins' disdain is 30/20/7, I'll take that every day. That said, someone else needs to take Doug Christies role here and square CUP in the jaw. Too bad this team doesn't have that guy. Cousins can't be both Gretzky AND McSorely.

Just wait until he's this pissed at the rest of the league.

K

KingMilz

I missed it. What happened (other than just being a douche in general) that made Cousins so made at Paul?
It was more the refs gifting them fouls where there was zero contact and not calling anything when Cousins was being pounded down low and yeah CP3 being a douche as per normal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You can't really tell me you don't wanna know what's the real reason behind this?
Yes, I can tell you that. I trust that DFC had a really good reason for what he did, just like I used to trust that C-Webb had reasons for what he did. Sometimes things are better left unsaid... especially if by saying them one might be opening oneself up for fines from the league.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know, when I mentioned the other night that we had seen the emergence of DFC as the true leader of the team right in front of our eyes, I was accused of being overly exuberant. After the game today, I am even more convinced that we're starting a journey I never thought I would be lucky enough to see once, let alone twice.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

+1.

Cousins is going to get a lot of flack on BSPN for this though, haters going to hate.

I dig it though. To echo some other posts on this thread, it may not have been a PC move, but it shows leadership.
I doubt it. General sentiment on Cousins has been shifting pretty drastically this season towards the positive side. Add to that most people who cover basketball are all about players toughening up like the "old days" and not being so buddy buddy. With Paul's flop vs Cousins last year known as one of the worst ever few are going to blame him, especially with how bad this game was called. He will get a little flack though, as every good segment needs an antagonist.

When I look in my crystal ball I see EVERYONE loving Cousins because of how passionate he is. No longer will it be seen as a negativ that needs to be controlled, but a positive that should be unleashed. The national news types are starting to realize how good he will be and want aboard the train so they can tell everyone how they knew he was going to be a star (years after demonizing his every little move of course).

I think it was kind of bush league. It isn't that big of deal though.
your opinion, which is fine

But, I despise this utopian bubble that the NBA is trying to build in the league. I know, I know...it's profit driven. In their eyes at least. But, these baseless ejections, refs controlling the outcome of games, players being butt buddies with each other is just...yuck.

I'm not saying Cousins is perfect. Far from it. I wish he would channel his aggressiveness away from the refs and towards the game more often. That is because when he gets mad and does it correctly by directing it in a positive manner, you suddenly see a deer in the headlights look from the opposing players. Far too hard to stop a focused, powerful beast like that. But, its so refreshing to see an open and free spirit from a professional athlete. In a world where life is becoming so predictable and robotic, you get this enigma of passion that makes you feel alive just by watching him. I guess that's what you seek in life at times.