Congratulations Dallas and Peja!

This is nonsense. I don't really like Martin's game, but if he played with Webb and Vlade in our golden era, you guys would love him just as much or even more than Peja. His off the ball game would have been great running around screens and having Webb and Vlade finding him.
Peja did win the 2001 European Championships/MVP and 2002 FIBA World Championships...he was pretty good back then. Like I mentioned, he did very well against Dirk and the Mavs during 2003 playoffs after Webber went down....and was leading our team to another playoff year prior to Webber being back. I have no probelm trying to get our star player back in for the playoff but they were doing very well without Webber. I'm not sure if KMart can do the same....

Just would like to chime in and give a special congratulations to Pedja Stojakovic for his well deserved championship and blow a kiss to Slim Citrus. :)

As for criticism of Pedja's game, his contributions to the Kings, etc. I seem to remember how he made three key stops in the series against Dallas in 2004 (that was not quite camping on a 3 point line)? Does anyone still remember this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Vtx_LLs4g

Oh by the way, our favorite C. Webb lost that series on a 3pt shot.

If you're going to hate on Stojakovic, at least make it after 2004. The end.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Peja is in no way a champion. Does not have the heart, never did at any point. Vlade had the heart of a champion. Dirk is a champion. Peja? Please.

But that said, I see no point in begrudging an old King one of these "on the roster" rings guys get late in careers. I've never entirely understood that phenomenon, as it always actively embarrassed me to be a benchwarmer while other guys won for my teams. Never felt I had a right to celebrate or claim the "winner/champion" title for being carried along. But its a long and decorated tradition amongst NBAers to go in pursuit of a ring when you get old, and apparently they don't share my qualms about watching others do the heavy lifting. Mitch did it. Bibby was trying to do it here. Webb tried to do it with Detroit in his final year (although those guys were at least major minute guys). Its so common you pretty much just expect it. If Gary Payton gets to walk around and claim to be an NBA Champion for playing bench jockey for the 2006 Heat, Peja can do so here. Even hit a couple of clutch shots in the previous round. 7-8 years too late for us unfortunately, but it was a contribution. And for at least another 3-4 years I would think, these ex-Kings going around poaching rings from the bench is about as close to a title as we are getting. At least this time the guy wasn't poaching them with the damned Lakers.

Last edited:
Peja is in no way a champion. Does not have the heart, never did at any point. Vlade had the heart of a champion. Dirk is a champion. Peja? Please.

But that said, I see no point in begrudging an old King one of these "on the roster" rings guys get late in careers. I've never entirely understood that phenomenon, as it always actively embarrassed me to be a benchwarmer while other guys won for my teams. Never felt I had a right to celebrate or claim the "winner/champion" title for being carried along. But its a long and decorated tradition amongst NBAers to go in pursuit of a ring when you get old, and apparently they don't share my qualms about watching others do the heavy lifting. Mitch did it. Bibby was trying to do it here. Webb tried to do it with Detroit in his final year (although those guys were at least major minute guys). Its so common you pretty much just expect it. If Gary Payton gets to walk around and claim to be an NBA Champion for playing bench jockey for the 2006 Heat, Peja can do so here. Even hit a couple of clutch shots in the previous round. 7-8 years too late for us unfortunately, but it was a contribution. And for at least another 3-4 years I would think, these ex-Kings going around poaching rings from the bench is about as close to a title as we are getting. At least this time the guy wasn't poaching them with the damned Lakers.

While not an attack on you, stating that "Peja is in no way a champion, never had the heart, never did" is probably the stupidest and most asinine post I have ever read on the forum.

Seriously. Proof? Or something personal about him that you know that we don't that shows that he never had heart, or never did?

He might not be MJ, who had his emotions and heart on his sleeve, or like Dirk, who stoically broke down in tears after the game, but that's who he is.

You remind me of those people who chewed Adelman out of Sac because he never connected with the media and fans. But turns out he was probably the best coach to come through this organization.

He was one of the best 3-point shooters of all time. If you remember, the analogies between him and Larry Bird were often drawn during his prime years. Injuries, you can't help.

But unless you know something we don't...and/or care to explain it, you can't just say that "He has no heart".

While not an attack on you, stating that "Peja is in no way a champion, never had the heart, never did" is probably the stupidest and most asinine post I have ever read on the forum.

Seriously. Proof? Or something personal about him that you know that we don't that shows that he never had heart, or never did?

He might not be MJ, who had his emotions and heart on his sleeve, or like Dirk, who stoically broke down in tears after the game, but that's who he is.

You remind me of those people who chewed Adelman out of Sac because he never connected with the media and fans. But turns out he was probably the best coach to come through this organization.

He was one of the best 3-point shooters of all time. If you remember, the analogies between him and Larry Bird were often drawn during his prime years. Injuries, you can't help.

But unless you know something we don't...and/or care to explain it, you can't just say that "He has no heart".

Well to be honest he did not have the drive and competive make up like some one like Kobe. His injuries since 2004 have taken a toll on the rest of his career. It is sad to see.

Just would like to chime in and give a special congratulations to Pedja Stojakovic for his well deserved championship and blow a kiss to Slim Citrus. :)

As for criticism of Pedja's game, his contributions to the Kings, etc. I seem to remember how he made three key stops in the series against Dallas in 2004 (that was not quite camping on a 3 point line)? Does anyone still remember this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Vtx_LLs4g

Oh by the way, our favorite C. Webb lost that series on a 3pt shot.

If you're going to hate on Stojakovic, at least make it after 2004. The end.
I like Peja but the series we lost on Webb's shot was the next one vs MN. If you're going to criticize CWebb atleast get it right. And this Peja VS CWebb crap that still goes on is ridiculous. They were both good players for our team and I am happy for Peja and I wish Webber could've won one too. We dont need to play sides anymore, this is stupid.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And this Peja VS CWebb crap that still goes on is ridiculous. They were both good players for our team and I am happy for Peja and I wish Webber could've won one too. We dont need to play sides anymore, this is stupid.
I don't know about you but I'm still upset that we traded Mitch Richmond for a guy who didn't even want to come here.

I like Peja but the series we lost on Webb's shot was the next one vs MN. If you're going to criticize CWebb atleast get it right.
The video I posted is MN series, it's what I was referring to. That whole year Stojakovic was the man while the offense was run through Divac/Miller.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

How do you "prove" anything about a sports star? You look at how they perform. Peja was a pretty boy who didn't want to break a nail. He did one thing well, his privates shrunk up into his torso in the clutch, he sat out with minor injuries (long before the back limited him), he would never hit the floor or bang with anyboy if there was anyway to avoid it. He was not in any way a tough guy, a clutch guy, or a champion mentality. He was a very talented shooter, but the winners always have a passion and grit to them. They don't have to growl and shout, but you see the intensity in how they play the game. Peja never had it at any point. Some people just don't.

And please, that Bird comparison was utterly ridiculous at the time, its even worse now that we can sit and look back over both guys' complete careers. Anybody who thinks that Peja at any point in his career was worthy of sniffing Bird's jock is a) probably Serbian; b) too young to have ever seen Bird play; and c) profoundly ignorant of the history of the NBA. Peja resembled Bird in two ways only -- he was a 6'9" caucasian, and he could really shoot the rock. And that's it.

This btw was Larry Bird:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of Larry Bird, but watching that youtube was the first time I've actually seen him in action. That was totally sick (in a good way) and there's no way you can see Peja doing any of those things.