Congratulations Coach Malone!!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Good for you Coach Malone. Somewhere Pete D and the rat Chris Mullin are embarrassed for their firing of Malone because people around them are asking “Didn’t you fire or get Malone fired?”

Good for you Coach Malone. Somewhere Pete D and the rat Chris Mullin are embarrassed for their firing of Malone because people around them are asking “Didn’t you fire or get Malone fired?”
You guys know D'Alessandro worked with Malone for two more years in Denver directly after the Kings debacle without incident, right?

That Malone would not have even been considered, much less hired, in Denver at all had D’Alessandro been against it.

That D’Alessandro was brought on board by the Nuggets literally 5 days before Malone and there is no way Kroenke gives the head coaching job to a candidate the man he had just hired literal days before actively hates due to their previous job together from less than a year prior devolving into a very public toxic work environment.

That no owner knowingly puts those ingredients together unless the guy who is already on board is saying “Look, WE were not the problem. We have a good working relationship, he is a great coach, he is the guy you need to hire, and this is a totally different situation because a certain someone is not involved to poison the well here in Denver.”

I don’t mean to be a D’Alessandro apologist. I thought his short tenure in Sacramento was a disaster that set the Kings back a decade. But the narrative that he is the snake that cost us the future championship-caliber coach most of us knew Malone to be just doesn’t hold water given the evidence.

You guys know D'Alessandro worked with Malone for two more years in Denver directly after the Kings debacle without incident, right?

That Malone would not have even been considered, much less hired, in Denver at all had D’Alessandro been against it.

That D’Alessandro was brought on board by the Nuggets literally 5 days before Malone and there is no way Kroenke gives the head coaching job to a candidate the man he had just hired literal days before actively hates due to their previous job together from less than a year prior devolving into a very public toxic work environment.

That no owner knowingly puts those ingredients together unless the guy who is already on board is saying “Look, WE were not the problem. We have a good working relationship, he is a great coach, he is the guy you need to hire, and this is a totally different situation because a certain someone is not involved to poison the well here in Denver.”

I don’t mean to be a D’Alessandro apologist. I thought his short tenure in Sacramento was a disaster that set the Kings back a decade. But the narrative that he is the snake that cost us the future championship-caliber coach most of us knew Malone to be just doesn’t hold water given the evidence.
Then who made the call to fire Malone?

Gerbil didn’t have power to make those calls. Denver had a different GM. Plus the evidence is too strong. Look who he hired after Malone? Run and gun Karl.

edit: but yes I agree Vivek had his hands dirty in the decision as well.