[Game] Clippers vs Kings 12/27/10 Game Thread

This. We had our chances, we were there at the end, and it was a few wrong bounces against us. Too bad, but somehow this loss feels different.

Feels different I think because I think this might of been the first game all year where we actually saw on the court what we were HOPING we'd see on the court during the offseason. Cisco starting nailing 3's, consistency from Omri, Defense from Dalembert and Evans actually looking comfortable out there with his shot. It's funny how some of our L's are more entertaining games than our W's we've had this year. Reke looked great in the end I wasn't expecting the dunk as it's probably his first dunk in sometime even dating back to last year haha.

My one complaint goes out to this coaching staff and their love affair with Carl Landry. This guy is being done a disservice being treated as the first option something which he clearly isnt His bread and butter is short spurts and hustle work. To force feed this dude the rock for what seemed like an eternity in the opening minutes of the 4th killed any momemtum we had going into that quarter from our nice 3rd. It is quite rediculous to waste a legit post threat in Cousins, for this one move black hole. If the staff would use Landry like Houston did he would be playing so much better and the team would as well. We'd all be amazed if DMC was used the same way Landry is being used...

S

sactownfan

Are you going to act like there aren't any positives you can take from watching Tyreke tonight?
im looking at the big picture.... any game where Evans is still walking at the end is a positive in my eyes... but just because he can ( and should) put up good stats 1 out of 5 or 6 games, means nothing to me... this team is pathetic and Evans this year has been pathetic....

Evans might have worked on his shot in the off season but all that it seemed to have affected is his his being even more selfish.... dribbling up the court and jacking a ugly jump shot isnt team ball... and is exactly what a opponent would want....

Evans isn't playing defense, he isn't using his head on a lot of his jump shots... im not at all impressed with almost anything this team has done or is doing....

lame lame lame.... 2-22 in the last 24 games.... wow whats the all time mark at loses?

im looking at the big picture.... any game where Evans is still walking at the end is a positive in my eyes... but just because he can ( and should) put up good stats 1 out of 5 or 6 games, means nothing to me... this team is pathetic and Evans this year has been pathetic....

Evans might have worked on his shot in the off season but all that it seemed to have affected is his his being even more selfish.... dribbling up the court and jacking a ugly jump shot isnt team ball... and is exactly what a opponent would want....

Evans isn't playing defense, he isn't using his head on a lot of his jump shots... im not at all impressed with almost anything this team has done or is doing....

lame lame lame.... 2-22 in the last 24 games.... wow whats the all time mark at loses?
You're not looking at the big picture if you're mostly concerned about wins and losses. In a rebuild, you need to look for minor improvements, and hope they happen more consistently. That's how you improve for the future, which is the big picture.

Tyreke moved the ball well tonight, played arguably his best game of the year, and you won't acknowledge any of it? I know you think the team is pathetic and Tyreke is pathetic, but why are you incapable of acknowledging a breakout perfromance?

You're saying Tyreke's poor play this season negates his game tonight, and are bringing up things from other games(not using his head on jumpshot, not passing the ball) which don't apply to tonight. I don't see why you're choosing to ignore a positive from the game if you truly care about the big picture.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Rick would be the perfect coach for Cuz's volatile personality as well.

...Wait what am I saying, its Rick. Dally would play 38mpg and Cuz would ride the bench as a 3rd string C behind JT. :p
Don't forget that Rick would find a way to hide Omri and Donte on the bench and play Cisco at the 3 for 48 minutes.

D. Greene DNP - Coach's Decision
Has this been explained? If there isn't a legit reason why he was benched the ENTIRE game then there's your grounds for firing Westphal. If not there are other grounds for that too, I'm just sayin'.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Has this been explained? If there isn't a legit reason why he was benched the ENTIRE game then there's your grounds for firing Westphal. If not there are other grounds for that too, I'm just sayin'.
Well he was obviously so impressed with Cisco's 4th quarter vanishing act prowess that he left him in.

Last edited:
Awhile back Westphal goofily explained a system where with our 3 sfs there's only a starter and his backup. Essentiallly Donte has gone from starting 3 to 12th man again until PW feels the need to tinker again.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Eh, Omri and Cisco were playing good. It is strange that we didnt see ANY Greene though. Westphal bein' Westphal!

PS: Your avatar busts me up.

Eh, Omri and Cisco were playing good. It is strange that we didnt see ANY Greene though. Westphal bein' Westphal!

PS: Your avatar busts me up.
heh, thanks I was inspired. Yeah I was at the game, francisco was HOT to start the game and Omri did play well but man, to go from starter to DNP's to starter and back is amazingly bold (see:r tarded)

S

sactownfan

You're not looking at the big picture if you're mostly concerned about wins and losses. In a rebuild, you need to look for minor improvements, and hope they happen more consistently. That's how you improve for the future, which is the big picture.

Tyreke moved the ball well tonight, played arguably his best game of the year, and you won't acknowledge any of it? I know you think the team is pathetic and Tyreke is pathetic, but why are you incapable of acknowledging a breakout perfromance?

You're saying Tyreke's poor play this season negates his game tonight, and are bringing up things from other games(not using his head on jumpshot, not passing the ball) which don't apply to tonight. I don't see why you're choosing to ignore a positive from the game if you truly care about the big picture.
Pretty sure tyreke didn't just break out.... Weve seen him do better... He's got a ton of holes in his game and like the rest of this team He isn't improving in fact he's worse.... If he could string a few of these together (this year) I'll acknowledge a change

heh, thanks I was inspired. Yeah I was at the game, francisco was HOT to start the game and Omri did play well but man, to go from starter to DNP's to starter and back is amazingly bold (see:r tarded)
Seriously. I wish the depth chart at 2 and 3 looked like this:

2: Garcia/Udrih/Taylor/the towel boy from 3 seasons ago -- not this season/Head
3: Greene/Casspi/Garcia

Putting Garcia at the three for his main minutes puts him at a disadvantage against the bigger SFs in the league, whereas at the two he is full-sized against the majority of the league's opposing twos. From there he can provide the defense and 3-point shooting that Beno has been unable to provide all season.

Garcia and Greene together give you your best defensive lineup against the wings. No more DNPs for Donte, please.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Seriously. I wish the depth chart at 2 and 3 looked like this:

2: Garcia/Udrih/Taylor/the towel boy from 3 seasons ago -- not this season/Head
3: Greene/Casspi/Garcia

Putting Garcia at the three for his main minutes puts him at a disadvantage against the bigger SFs in the league, whereas at the two he is full-sized against the majority of the league's opposing twos. From there he can provide the defense and 3-point shooting that Beno has been unable to provide all season.

Garcia and Greene together give you your best defensive lineup against the wings. No more DNPs for Donte, please.
Quickness is more important than size. Garcia has the quickness against 3s, not 2s. I'd rather put him in a position where the 3 has to overpower him or post him up rather than getting beat to the basket by 2s all night long. Also, his ball handling is pretty good for a 3, but not for a 2. Having him at the 3 makes a lot of sense.