[Game] Charlotte Hornets @ Sacramento Kings, 1/2/24,7p PST/10p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Unless I miscounted, the Kings are now 2-6 in games where they score 24 or fewer points in the first quarter.

Since they lost tonight they better friggin win their first "2nd night of back to back" or the crowd will boo them, and rightly so. What a pathetic performance from a team which has me hating them because of how good they are, only to lose to a terrible team.
This was the Kings' first loss on the first night of a back-to-back this season. As I type this, they are currently winless on the second night.

Terrible performance by Domas. 11 of the 20 turnovers and there was a couple more that he was responsible for that I don’t think he was credited for but a lazy pass or him losing the handle set off a chain. Not to mention he missed atleast 5 point blank layups. He set a bad tone tonight.

He wasn’t alone.

Keegan, Barnes, Monk and Huerter were also terrible.

Trey was solid. Len was excellent in the first half. Didn’t have the same impact in the second half.

Fox was just ok. He caught a little sloppy at the end himself. Especially that dumb foul on Rozier and then dribbling it off his foot.

Duarte had a good game all the way through.

I don’t want to hear any second night of a back to back bullcrap tomorrow. They best bring it

Sabonis is gonna need some dunk drills. If he made even 1/4th of his missed layups we would have won easily. Also the whole team need some freethrow shooting drills... 10 for 17 is not getting it done. Back to basics lol

Really not sure why Barnes is catching all the blame for this one when Domas was one rebound away from quite possibly having the worst 20-20 performance in the history of the sport.
Plenty of blame to go around tonight.

Domas--11 TO's.

Fox- 3-10 from 3, 5-8 from the FT line. 30 points on 25 shots is a massive win for the defense.

Keegan 4-12 shooting, 1-6 from 3.

HB 3 points in 24 minutes

Monk 2-7 shooting for only 6 points.

Despite all that, still actually had a chance to win the game. Just an overall incredibly sloppy team performance and it looks like we absolutely just looked past these guys onto the bigger game vs ORL tomorrow.

You know what really cost us the game? The Fox foul on the trap doesn’t happen and they are going to have to shoot a prayer with likely only 4 or 5 seconds on the clock after the pass out. We get a stop there and we likely take this. Credit for the effort but the jump wasn’t necessary

For whatever reason, aside from that one time that the Luke Walton Kings randomly blew the pre-Bridges getting busted for DV Hornets out by 30 early in the season and then proceeded to immediately go on a 9 game losing streak, it feels like the Kings have never been able to beat the Hornets at home. Hell, Boogie once dropped a 50 burger on them and we still lost.
It’s the strangest thing in the world. I just knew we were losing this one and I’ll never understand it

You know what really cost us the game? The Fox foul on the trap doesn’t happen and then are going to have to shoot a prayer with likely only 4 or 5 seconds on the clock after the pass out. We get a stop there and we likely take this. Credit for the effort but the jump wasn’t necessary
And on the positive side Brown can push it into their brains that they aren't quite talented enough to take nights off. They let this game get into a 50/50 bounce here and there situation. It's a long season and the true test is the response. They deserved a game to take lightly, now a good team turns around and makes the next opponent pay dearly.

Really not sure why Barnes is catching all the blame for this one when Domas was one rebound away from quite possibly having the worst 20-20 performance in the history of the sport.
Both gets the blame, but Sabonis has been great for the Kings all season so we can cut him some slack. Meanwhile barnes... not so much.

I haven't caught many games, but this game I didn't even realize he was on the floor most of the time. How much are the kings paying him again?
You just signed a sizeable contract, you better at least have a presence.

Last edited:
Plenty of blame to go around tonight.

Domas--11 TO's.

Fox- 3-10 from 3, 5-8 from the FT line. 30 points on 25 shots is a massive win for the defense.

Keegan 4-12 shooting, 1-6 from 3.

HB 3 points in 24 minutes

Monk 2-7 shooting for only 6 points.

Despite all that, still actually had a chance to win the game. Just an overall incredibly sloppy team performance and it looks like we absolutely just looked past these guys onto the bigger game vs ORL tomorrow.
Turnovers didn't help, but I swear we blew like +15 more bunnies than our average.

The good news is that Sabonis doesn’t normally do this. He was due for a crap game after being on fire for weeks at a time, being one of the most consistently great players this league has. I’m annoyed but there’s nothing to worry about

Team looked hungover and not very motivated to be out there. Ton of missed layups. 46% for 2pt FG. Actually shot 3s well overall in spite of Keegan and Fox going cold. Not sure how many more wake up calls we need. But we need to find another late scoring option to give Fox some relief

It’s the strangest thing in the world. I just knew we were losing this one and I’ll never understand it
They did this last year with these same Hornets, and last year they lulled in the season at about the same time with other bad teams too.

Fortunately it was mitigated with good wins in Atlanta and Memphis, but last year they lost twice to bad teams in quick succession too in what was probably their worst stretch of basketball save for the 0-4 start.

Not a great game. If it were a one off but they played like this against Portland. This is an okay team but they aren’t great
Yeah, but how do you explain all their quality wins this season then? Those aren't just a one off occurrence either.

Once again, I don't get how we blow out a fully healthy Grizz squad on the road and then we just team-wide come out flat vs a bad CHA team at home. There just has to be better team-buy-in on these "gimme" games where we don't take them for granted. Because we've seen how good this team can be (Wins vs Minny, 2x vs OKC, win vs DEN, etc). It's bringing that same intensity vs every squad, not just the top of the league.

I think we're a good-great team, but we're just clearly not a contender top 5 squad. These are the sort of games that separate the true contenders vs the top 8-12 teams.

Ok next single digit win team we'll be playing is the detroit pistons.. granted they already snapped their losing streak, but I hope the kings dont lose to them... they only have 3 wins as of now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They did this last year with these same Hornets, and last year they lulled in the season at about the same time with other teams too.

Fortunately it was mitigated with good wins in Atlanta and Memphis, but last year they lost twice to bad teams in quick succession too in what was probably their worst stretch of basketball save for the 0-4 start.
Yeah, serving up absolutely horrible losses to terrible teams was pretty much the team’s MO last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.