Character Matters

thats the one thing about this young man apart from his skillset that im so happy about. He is well grounded, well spoken and someoner who i see being here for a long time. His personality is infectious and he is every the bit extroverted as demarcus can be introverted.

I see WCS as a real keeper for demarcus. I hope the two bond and when Demarcus is in his brooding moods Willie pulls him out of them. The kid has real real value to us and the community and its over and above what he brings on the court and that in itself is something great.

thats the one thing about this young man apart from his skillset that im so happy about. He is well grounded, well spoken and someoner who i see being here for a long time. His personality is infectious and he is every the bit extroverted as demarcus can be introverted.

I see WCS as a real keeper for demarcus. I hope the two bond and when Demarcus is in his brooding moods Willie pulls him out of them. The kid has real real value to us and the community and its over and above what he brings on the court and that in itself is something great.
I do see Willie as a lot more extroverted than DeMarcus, and thus, more marketable. DeMarcus does things for the community that he actually seems to shun the lime light for. If you don't pay attention or catch the low level media blips, you will miss it entirely. He is HUGE in the rescue community for dogs, which is not something many would notice. He also, does a lot of stuff for the youth of our community, and those of his home town. Feel good stories don't sell, they don't generate clicks, unless those are the ONLY stories associated with your name. Hell, I posted this Willie story and I would bet, few will read it, less will care. If it was a story that had a negative connotation, some sort of controversy associated with it, everyone would be all over it, the National Media would positively wet themselves and it would be plastered everywhere.
It is The Kings (us) against the world, and for the first time, in a very long time, I am not only ok with that, but say BRING IT ON.

I do see Willie as a lot more extroverted than DeMarcus, and thus, more marketable. DeMarcus does things for the community that he actually seems to shun the lime light for. If you don't pay attention or catch the low level media blips, you will miss it entirely. He is HUGE in the rescue community for dogs, which is not something many would notice. He also, does a lot of stuff for the youth of our community, and those of his home town. Feel good stories don't sell, they don't generate clicks, unless those are the ONLY stories associated with your name. Hell, I posted this Willie story and I would bet, few will read it, less will care. If it was a story that had a negative connotation, some sort of controversy associated with it, everyone would be all over it, the National Media would positively wet themselves and it would be plastered everywhere.
It is The Kings (us) against the world, and for the first time, in a very long time, I am not only ok with that, but say BRING IT ON.
I read it and I care.

It is amazing to me what a huge impact pro-athletes can have. You wish more pro-athletes would do stuff like this/you wish our pals in the media would take more notice of the good work athletes are doing.

Also, that kid's room is awesome. This whole situation reminds me of the movie "Touched by Love" about a sick little girl who loved Elvis and would write him letters.. and Elvis eventually started writing back and sending gifts (true story). I looked for the trailer, but could only find the whole film. Sappy, sure, but demonstrates the impact these people, who are idolized as heroes by many, can have in the lives of those who are really in need.

Last edited by a moderator:
People of character who succeed are the strongest on the team by far, because they've had more experience in tough decision-making, creative thinking, self-regulation, and self-discipline than anyone else on the floor. They make good teammates, and these abilities lend themselves to the success of the team. Glad to have guys like WCS on the Kings!

Willie has good character. Judging from numerous videos, he doesn't want to be the leader, but a shadow that supports the team. His mannerisms remind me of someone I know well.

I posted this on the Sacramento Kings Facebook group but I'll also post it here. This is far from a blimp it is much more of a trend as far as Willie is concerned. There are tons of stories of him doing these types of things for children while at UK. He was loved by the fanbase not just for his energy and play bit for his heart as well.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Contrary to a lot of negative threads, or threads that turn negative, I think most here love reading something positive. I agree that we've developed a negative culture on the forum to some extent, but that comes with the losing. I think most here will read the story and enjoy it. As for Willie, when he first came to Kentueky, he was fairly shy and somewhat introverted. However, being a part of a big program like Kentucky's, and having a bigger than life coach like Calapari, will mature you media wise. That's one of the benefits of drafting a player that has three or four years of college.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Contrary to a lot of negative threads, or threads that turn negative, I think most here love reading something positive. I agree that we've developed a negative culture on the forum to some extent, but that comes with the losing. I think most here will read the story and enjoy it. As for Willie, when he first came to Kentueky, he was fairly shy and somewhat introverted. However, being a part of a big program like Kentucky's, and having a bigger than life coach like Calapari, will mature you media wise. That's one of the benefits of drafting a player that has three or four years of college.
You weren't here the last time things were really good. KF hasn't always been negative. We had a lot of fun back in the day, before the dark clouds came in and refused to go away.

I'm personally just enjoying seeing people like my dear friend Kingsgurl back, along with a number of others who had been gone for far too long. It's actually fun to be a Kings fan again.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!