[Game] Cavaliers @ Kings - 1/14/13

He isn't a pass first pg for sure. More along the lines of a willing passer.
That is a more accurate description. I have never ever felt that Isaiah Thomas was a selfish player. I simply don't think he's the kind of point guard who goes out every game with the mindset of getting his team mates easy baskets over getting his own offense. Sort of like a poor man's young Tony Parker - he can get others involved but that's not his main game or strength.

Yes sir. It takes rookies time to adjust to drastically different roles than they had in college. Trob is getting back to what made him successful at Kansas while accepting that he's not a #1 option anymore. Its also why you don't throw rookies out to pasture like many did here
I know I gave him flak for his play, and a big reason is that he was the #5 pick. If he was picked #10 I'd give him a pass even for his early play, but he was the #5 pick, and felt that he should have been picked #1.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That is a more accurate description. I have never ever felt that Isaiah Thomas was a selfish player. I simply don't think he's the kind of point guard who goes out every game with the mindset of getting his team mates easy baskets over getting his own offense. Sort of like a poor man's young Tony Parker - he can get others involved but that's not his main game or strength.
I'd rather think of him as a middle class man's Nate Robinson.

I hate to be so negative but in order to establish any sort of consistent winning roles must be defined and rotations must be, for the most part, set with minor changes here and there, putting in guys way to late, and putting in guys after icing them along with random and inexplicable rotations has cost us more games than it has won us.

I hate to be so negative but in order to establish any sort of consistent winning roles must be defined and rotations must be, for the most part, set with minor changes here and there, putting in guys way to late, and putting in guys after icing them along with random and inexplicable rotations has cost us more games than it has won us.
In Evans' case, the icing was literal. I worry about that knee.

Smart only cares about defense after he makes sure all his chuckers have gotten a chance to chuck. To act like defense is all the sudden important with 3 mins to go after Waiters has been torching us all 4th is ridiculously stupid.

International i ‏@Bluprintceo
WTF! You put him in with 3 mins. Left in the 4th qtr! Really?!?! #NotSoSmart

Me thinks even though Reke is too nice to say anything with the team, there's plenty of talk about Smart's use of him between he, his brother and agent.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This is the first time I can remember, since the TNT game, at least, where Cousins, Evans and Thornton all played well in the same game.

Last edited: