Career game by Corliss

Is this guy on fire or what?

WOW

30 points and 12 rebounds on 11 for 19 shooting in addition to a couple of dishes and blocked shots, way to go Corliss!

He's been averaging 18.5 points over the past five games, if he's to be traded then the time is now and most probably teams heading for the playoffs would appreciate such a 6th man coming off the bench.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sigh. The trading part is true. He could become another modestly valuable asset. But I would be reluctant to do so. He's a good guy with Sacto ties. Good lockerroom guy. A pro who brings it every night. And he's an ending contract. He might very well have more value to us to help bring the occasional smile over he next few months in the midst of a rebuild, and then clear capspace, than he does in a trade.

Sigh. The trading part is true. He could become another modestly valuable asset. But I would be reluctant to do so. He's a good guy with Sacto ties. Good lockerroom guy. A pro who brings it every night. And he's an ending contract. He might very well have more value to us to help bring the occasional smile over he next few months in the midst of a rebuild, and then clear capspace, than he does in a trade.
Well put, Brick. It's one of the solaces we can share as we await for the offseason and next season...once again. Hey, I've had these feelings before...it's just been a few years, that's all.

My Buddy and I were at the game, and at some point we turned to each other and said do you see the point totals? Corliss is leading all scorers. Everytime he scored or got a rebound after that we said THE ALL STAR CORLISS WILIAMSON SCORES!! lol...

Serioulsy there was something in the air, because the rest of the night after the game was a fantastic night at the club.

Last edited:
the ideal Corliss situation would be to keep him now and see if we can resign him for cheap. it probably won't happen because its starting to look like he's going into "contract year mode" but he'd be a great vet to keep around if we rebuild.

Why does everyone get down on corliss cause of his age? Yes the man is 33 but he is in great shape and gives his all every night. I have been saying this since last year when he was on the bench for the hole dam season( Thanks Rick!). He has never had any serious injurys and he is a great vet for our team. Corliss still has a good 3 years left in him, maybe more. I hope we resign him after this year for the vet salarie. GO CORLISS! Your my boy!

I say keep him. We need his expiring contract, he's a fan favorite, and he cares about the team. He's the only vet leader we have. I say keep him in Sac for the rest of his career if he'll let us.

i'm in favor of keeping him around. he brings it every night. he's been doing a great job as of late. he's got his ring, if he wants to stay in sacramento for the rest of his career, why not? it's not like he's blocking any young big men off the bench ( since muss refuses to play willams)

i'd much rather see corliss then mo taylor *cringe*

Sadly, when Corliss scores more then your team then something is wrong. its no surprise the Kings have been sinking since Corliss started to step up.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
You've got it backwards; Williamson started to step up when the team started sinking, not the other way around.
Agreed. And I agree with the idea of keeping him around as long as we can (affordably) as a good vet presence and lockerroom guy. You know, a "Vlade" type.

Sadly, when Corliss scores more then your team then something is wrong. its no surprise the Kings have been sinking since Corliss started to step up.
Wow, you see that as something wrong? I dont, hes one of the better players we have, he just doesnt get minutes, you know what i see wrong?

Bibby throwin up 3s back to back and not making one of them

Martin not taking open shots

Justin Williams not getting a chance even when we are almost rock bottom

I could go on, but the point im trying to make is, Corliss having a career night is a great thing, far from bad.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wow, you see that as something wrong? I dont, hes one of the better players we have,
Therein would be the "something wrong" part of course. He shouldn't be. Can't be unless you are really going to suck. The Kings themselves have done that wiht him before, many years ago. Mentioned yesterday I think the irony that here is Corliss as the last/only King standing in the midst of an imploding team heading into a rebuild. Its a blast to the past, circa 1998. But when that can be said about your team, you know you really and truly do suck. By all rights Brad is better than Corliss. So is SAR. So is KT. So is Mike, So is Ron. So is Kevin. And yet here is Corliss being about the only one of them we can count on a nightly basis. Testament to his professionalism. Also a testament to our return to sucktitude.

If Corliss wants to be a head coach someday, he'd make a great one. Maybe he'll start his coaching career as an assistant under Coach Elie (our next head coach) ;) when his playing days are over.

I wanted Elie over Muss all along. Would have been a much better fit, IMHO.

Bricklayer said:
Therein would be the "something wrong" part of course. He shouldn't be. Can't be unless you are really going to suck. The Kings themselves have done that wiht him before, many years ago. Mentioned yesterday I think the irony that here is Corliss as the last/only King standing in the midst of an imploding team heading into a rebuild. Its a blast to the past, circa 1998. But when that can be said about your team, you know you really and truly do suck. By all rights Brad is better than Corliss. So is SAR. So is KT. So is Mike, So is Ron. So is Kevin. And yet here is Corliss being about the only one of them we can count on a nightly basis. Testament to his professionalism. Also a testament to our return to sucktitude.
Ditto.

If Corliss wants to be a head coach someday, he'd make a great one. Maybe he'll start his coaching career as an assistant under Coach Elie (our next head coach) ;) when his playing days are over.

I wanted Elie over Muss all along. Would have been a much better fit, IMHO.
at this point rupe da hoop might have been a better fit