Brick by Brick - SIGN ME UP!

This was in Ryan Lillis' column on KJ's State of the City address today

On the city's ongoing work to finance a new downtown Kings arena, the mayor said he was launching a campaign to raise $10 million for the project from fans and residents. The "Brick by Brick" campaign will allow people to purchase engraved bricks to be placed in front of the proposed facility.

Two of the first names to be placed on bricks will be Jack and Gil - the names of two young boys who have received plenty of attention for running a lemonade stand to raise money for the arena. Another brick will be engraved with Councilman Steve Cohn's name; Cohn was one of the first to mention the idea of the engraved brick campaign.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/city-beat/2...jobs.html#mi_rss=City Beat#storylink=misearch

WoooHooo! Now there will be another way for me to support the new arena. Maybe we could buy one for the die hard kingsfans.com!

:D:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks for the info, Kennadog!

I hereby pledge $50 towards the purchase of a "Kingsfans.com" brick.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I mentioned the Red Sox were doing this and that this was a good idea last year. I'll buy one in my son's name.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'd get one. Like to know how much they are before I go pledging to buy more than that though!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My pledge isn't for buying a whole brick. I was pledging $50 towards the purchase of a brick to honor Kingsfans.com

:)

My pledge isn't for buying a whole brick. I was pledging $50 towards the purchase of a brick to honor Kingsfans.com

:)
Actually, I knew that. ;) Maybe we'd better see how much they cost per brick, though. :)

I'd like to buy some for my family, depending on the price. I'm so glad they are going to do this!

I kind of wonder if this isn't just to get Steve Cohn's vote for the arena. How is he going to turn it down when he has this going in his name or whatever? Good move by KJ though, and any extra money will be appreciated.

Someone mentioned this else where but I'd love to see bricks with the following names:

1. Sandy Sheedy
2. Darrell Fong
3. Randy Youngman
4. Henry Samueli
5. Maloofs (George, Gavin, Joe, Adrienne)
6. CAVE (Citizens Against Virtually Everything)
7. Some of the CAVE people's user names
8. Dave Jones

Someone mentioned this else where but I'd love to see bricks with the following names:

1. Sandy Sheedy
2. Darrell Fong
3. Randy Youngman
4. Henry Samueli
5. Maloofs (George, Gavin, Joe, Adrienne)
6. CAVE (Citizens Against Virtually Everything)
7. Some of the CAVE people's user names
8. Dave Jones
Don't forget bricks with our former GREAT mayors Heather Fargo and Anne Rudin who SO paved the way for us in getting a new arena! Smh

Oh, and we can't forget another great former city councilperson Steve Cohn who singlehandedly quelled early arena efforts when the economy was somewhat decent still by throwing the Maloofs under the bus.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Since a brick will probably run $250-500 I expect the local pols and many of the naysayers will pony up at the head of the line and use their influence to get them in a recognizable location. Pretty cheap way to rewrite their place in history.

Don't forget bricks with our former GREAT mayors Heather Fargo and Anne Rudin who SO paved the way for us in getting a new arena! Smh

Oh, and we can't forget another great former city councilperson Steve Cohn who singlehandedly quelled early arena efforts when the economy was somewhat decent still by throwing the Maloofs under the bus.
Good call on Fargo and Rudin (she was the lone no vote on building ARCO Arena in Natomas).

Honestly, it was the Maloofs who ambushed the Q&R measure. I was told so much inside information on it that I wish I could share but can't due to keeping a promise that it stays with me. Just trust me on that one.

Since a brick will probably run $250-500 I expect the local pols and many of the naysayers will pony up at the head of the line and use their influence to get them in a recognizable location. Pretty cheap way to rewrite their place in history.

I'm thinking the bricks will be $250-500 each too.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm thinking the bricks will be $250-500 each too.
It's a guess though, right? What I can envision is some of my family getting individual bricks but perhaps there are more prominently placed bricks of higher expense that KF should purchase. How do we get more info? That article was lean on specifics.

It's a guess though, right? What I can envision is some of my family getting individual bricks but perhaps there are more prominently placed bricks of higher expense that KF should purchase. How do we get more info? That article was lean on specifics.
It's just a guess on my part. I believe I paid $100 for my brick at Sac State's Alumni Center.

The information on the bricks is not available at this time.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The Fenway bricks were $250 and $500 for a double (3 lines vs. 6 lines of text). That's where I got my guess from. That price also included a replica souvenir brick for the buyer. Hopefully they can do the same without compromising the fundraising value.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's kind of why I pledged $50. Depending on how many people decide to do something similar, we might end up with a nice token - both for the Kings and as a way to forever thank Jeremy for what he's done here for all of us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd donate.. my only question would be, what would happen to the money if the arena doesn't get built?
They won't actually start collecting money for something like this until the arena gets the green light.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It's just a guess on my part. I believe I paid $100 for my brick at Sac State's Alumni Center.

The information on the bricks is not available at this time.
I'm sure you will keep us informed. Some of us have a lot invested in the Kings and if this helps keep the team here, I can't see people being shy about buying bricks unless the finances don't work. As far as I'm concerned, there's not much around this town to get excited about and I don't want this part of us to go away.

Mike has busted his arse as have others but all I've got to contribute is money and will do what I can. I don't get around well but it would be a thrill to put my foot on my own name.

Good call on Fargo and Rudin (she was the lone no vote on building ARCO Arena in Natomas).

Honestly, it was the Maloofs who ambushed the Q&R measure. I was told so much inside information on it that I wish I could share but can't due to keeping a promise that it stays with me. Just trust me on that one.
Oh I totally trust you about the Maloofs and Q&R, not surprised at all by that. I was also referring to the ill fated council meeting I believe it was in like
2004 or something where Cohn said 'we'll pay half and YOU pay half!' As Joe and Gavin promptly stormed out of the chambers...I think Fargo had somerhing to do with that and a lot of other quelling of arena dealings. Fargo is and always will be a NIMBY. Anyway...I doubt we could count on seeing any of their names on any bricks in support of this. :D