Breaking news...Adelman era over (merged)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Word is that something may be happening at the practice facility regarding the head coaching position.

That's all I know right now.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Since VF21 source never fails - there will be something big

My feeling is - RA is gone and Don Nelson is the new coach

If that happenes - I will be on strike and won't care anymore

Please no Nelli. That would be the worst possible news.

I can handle (may not be happy with) not retaining RA but to replace him with Nellie Gotta get a drink.

Isn't RA signed through September? In that case I'm optimistic that a statement will be issued to the effect that RA has agreed in principle to an extension of his contract with an appropriate increase in salary that befits his overall record in Sacramento and 8 straight years in the playoffs with this year perhaps being his finest effort. Of course, they could just as well say sayanora Rick, Don Nelson has just taken over but then I think a more ballyhooed full news conference would be scheduled with accompanying intros of Nelson to the media with the Maloofs by his side. And that isn't happening so I'm optimistic tha RA will be back.

Do you know that Don Nelson is pretty close with the Maloofs? It wouldn't surprise me if he is the coach, however, hopefully this is not an option.

The Maloofs claim they haven't spoken about Adelman, so I think the announcement is that Adelman has decided not to come back. Like other people already said, it's too early to announce a deal for a new coach.