Brad not back for the first round?

I think Adleman has already said that he was not going to play Brad the first games of the playoffs, but I do not think they have totally ruled out the entire first round.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Brad says he will play... the medical staff say not yet... the press prefers bad news... the coaching staff want a win but NOT at the cost of a young player's leg. I get a gut felling that Brad will be back before the first round is over, espcialy if the Kings are struggeling.

HndsmCelt said:
Brad says he will play... the medical staff say not yet... the press prefers bad news... the coaching staff want a win but NOT at the cost of a young player's leg. I get a gut felling that Brad will be back before the first round is over, espcialy if the Kings are struggeling.
EXACTLY.

A lot of other players around the league are going through the same thing...like Marcus Camby with his strained hamstring...Denver coach/training staff don't want him to play if he's still feeling any pain...Marcus Camby's response "I will be playing even if I have to go into that medicine cabinet and find something to help me through it I will be playing"....I'm sure Brad would say pretty much the same thing...in the end...the coaches and training staff will get their way..unless the turnip'd party can prove to them they are moving well and all that good stuff

That's it. If we want to go anywhere in the playoffs Adelman MUST start playing Ostertag. And enough with that 4 minutes a game bull****. He needs to get 15-25 minutes at least. Especially when the Sonics have guys like Evans and Fortson.

BK_KingsFan said:
That's it. If we want to go anywhere in the playoffs Adelman MUST start playing Ostertag. And enough with that 4 minutes a game bull****. He needs to get 15-25 minutes at least. Especially when the Sonics have guys like Evans and Fortson.
I remember someone mentioning that at the game vs. the Jazz, whenever Tag got in, they got back into the game.

BK_KingsFan said:
thats if he doesnt get tired after 10 minutes of up and down the floor. BUT, he does bring a good wide body to battle against sonics bigs and a shot blocking presence.

Yup, that's how it always is. Whenever were getting killed in the paint Tag comes in and suddenly they can't even get in the paint . Remember when we played the Cavs last time. They kept scoring in the post, then Tag comes in and single-handedly turns the game around for us. Even Walton said that.

sauce-26 said:
thats if he doesnt get tired after 10 minutes of up and down the floor. BUT, he does bring a good wide body to battle against sonics bigs and a shot blocking presence.
Well, I heard that he's been working out and losing a few pounds lately.

Yea too bad, but what really pisses me off is that you would think that he would have figured it out by now. There must be something else to it. Maybe he has a personal vendetta with him :rolleyes: ::sigh::

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OMG - Dudes and dudettes!

DO NOT TRUST ESPN for up-to-date Kings information.

...sigh...

If we have Brad in the first round, we have him in the first round. If not, we don't. It's not like panicking in the streets is going to change anything.

I actually think that Skinner and Thomas match up very well with Fortson and Evans. I really like the Kings chances even without Brad playing. If Peja is back, and Radman stays out, I like the Kings chances even more.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We'll know for sure on Saturday. Anything we hear before then is speculation. After everything that's happened this year, I won't believe another rumor, reliable or not. I'm going to wait and see who trots on to the court in Seattle - and THEN think about whether or not I can believe my own eyes.

VF21 said:
OMG - Dudes and dudettes!

DO NOT TRUST ESPN for up-to-date Kings information.

...sigh...

If we have Brad in the first round, we have him in the first round. If not, we don't. It's not like panicking in the streets is going to change anything.
:confused:

It's not?

Damn, VF, you could have told me that before my neighbors called the cops on me.