Brad Miller Suspended

Regarding the "no problem" take. I find it pathetic that an NBA player who knows the leagues extremely liberal policy on marijuana would fall victim so stupidly. He got tested and failed three times - so he was duly warned to the max. As someone else said, many everyday Joe's and Jill's are fired after one such positive test on the job. Now maybe we know why Brad often came to camp overweight and out of shape. Those dreaded munchies after all his off-season tokking:(

I cannot wait for the day when talking about Ron Artest in every single thread becomes fodder for the NBA forum and not Kings Rap.
Goes double for me. I would love to read the local paper or listen to local radio and not have it almost always be about the latest crap with Ron. Actually I'd like to never hear, see or read anything about Ron ever again. Exemption for actual game reporting, of course, preferably somewhere not named Sacramento.

What a dummy.

Not for smoking weed in general, mind you (it's not a habit in which I personally indulge, but one that I do think is judged far too harshly). No matter the job, though, if you know that frequent drug tests are a condition of your employment, it's pretty much the the stupidest thing you can do.

In an odd way, I can almost give a bit more slack to someone who develops a problem with a heavier drug that has physically addictive properties... but, pot? Seriously, grow up.

Regarding the "no problem" take. I find it pathetic that an NBA player who knows the leagues extremely liberal policy on marijuana would fall victim so stupidly. He got tested and failed three times - so he was duly warned to the max. As someone else said, many everyday Joe's and Jill's are fired after one such positive test on the job. Now maybe we know why Brad often came to camp overweight and out of shape. Those dreaded munchies after all his off-season tokking:(
You aren't told when you fail a test. Well, until you fail it the third time, that is. So he really wasn't warned at all.

You aren't told when you fail a test. Well, until you fail it the third time, that is. So he really wasn't warned at all.
Absolutely not true. After the first failed test you are required to enter a drug education program. After the second it's a $25,000 fine. After the third positive it's 5 game suspension without pay and re-admitted back into drug counseling program.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Absolutely not true. After the first failed test you are required to enter a drug education program. After the second it's a $25,000 fine. After the third positive it's 5 game suspension without pay and re-admitted back into drug counseling program.

In other words this has been building for a long time.

Still no nhuge deal as far as I am concerned -- if you are contending and 1 loss can separate you from the 1st or the 3rd seed, its one thing. In our position, could even end up helping Spencer's development\ the same way Salmons came into last season knowing he was going to start the season as a starter, and preparing for it with that in mind.

Failure to show up for a test is also a failed drug test, according to the CBA.

Altho Brad's statement sounds like he actually did fail the test, but we don't know for a fact whether he took it and failed or failed to show up for a test.. Either way, it's just stupid. There's no excuse for being so dumb.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's just marijuana. If that's the case I could care less. More playing time for Hawes anyways. The fact that they get suspended for that particular substance is stupid anyways.

I guess just drinking a 12-pack after a while loses it's gloss.. got mix in the weed, right. Gotta have that high.
I understand the sarcasm - a lot of us are in that mood. I would guess Miller only partook or par-tokked during the off season, but it's really a moot point now. One of the MANY things I've never liked about B52 hick is all his silly antics right before a game. His game face is often that of a big clown, jumping in front of the live camera during Jerry and Grants pre-game or other butting in nonsense like some hyped juvenile idiot. He needs to clean his act up right before each game as much as during it where all we get is his constant whining BS.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ha-ha, that's awesome. If he was suspended for taking 'roids, he better get refund! Those pills weren't workin'!!!

Now that I think about it, Brad's slow speech pattern and super laid back personality is indicative of someone who smokes weed regularly, or semi-regularly.

Remember the comment made by the Maverick player, Josh Howard? Should we really be surprised?

I don't mind he likes to mellow out with a few puffs of the ganja, but the guy is a hillbilly country hick moron for getting caught 3x.

We don't need this kind of B.S. when we are trying to build a winning culture.

It all makes sense now when he started last season with the dread lock look...our starting center is a white 7'0' Bob Marley.
Hey! I'm down with Bob Marley..

Whether its his first offense or not, i find it funny that no one including me is upset about this. If it was Artest, all hell would have broke loose. Anyway, Brad needs to go. His contract is hurting a rebuilding effort alot more than artest is even with all his BS.

LOL.

I am under the influence of cannibas saitva right now and I think this is how it all went down. :p Hick boy from Kendalville, Indiana didn't know what weed was when he was growing up. Short stint with the Bulls, but then he played majority of his career in Indiana too. Then gets traded to arguebly one of the best places to for the drug, and tries the best weed in possibly america and gets hooked.

We can provide evidence in his game too. Before he moved to Sacramento (and became a pothead) he was a tougher player and I think tried harder. He was physical in Indiana and got into it with Shaq! Then we start see less effort in Brad we all know started to SUCK! Let me say this, basketball does not mix well with a marijuana high!

I think he quit last season and I loved the Brad Miller I saw last night :cool:

Whether its his first offense or not, i find it funny that no one including me is upset about this. If it was Artest, all hell would have broke loose. Anyway, Brad needs to go. His contract is hurting a rebuilding effort alot more than artest is even with all his BS.
Well I'm mad at him. It was just plain stupid of Brad. He knows he can get tested. How can you screw that up?

He'll miss 5 games. Whether you like Brad or how he plays, not being available to play for 5 games is letting down the team, period. I'm sure they'll take it in stride and support Brad, but that doesn't remove the fact that what he did affects other people.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
5 day suspension is a third drug offense. They don't specify what the offense is, but it means it was the third time.
Yep. That means that the guy is either really hooked or really stupid, or both. It wasn't a one time thing. Maybe the Drugee and the Nutcase can both be traded....