Boogie & Rudy's Excellent Adventure

Cousins looked like he was worried about FIBA refs calling him for offensive fouls. Put up difficult shots down low and seemed hesitant to use power moves. Played well overall and the US team seemed to go on a little run whenever Gay & Boogie came in.

As for Rudy, he's quickly becoming the most important bench guy on the team. I think it's just experience and his ability to play the international 4.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Cousins had an excellent defensive game; communicating to his teammates, cleaning the glass, blocking shots, and got a bunch of steals. Offensively he was a bit wild. Missed a couple bunny post moves, sometimes rushed shots underneath the rim in traffic, was poor from the FT line. Perhaps the pace is getting to Boogie's head. He looked like rookie Cousins out there on the offensive end. Slow down, big fella.

Rudy was pretty awesome. Besides the couple travels and the one or two times he got rebounded over (he's playing the stretch 4 role primarily), he was a menace in transition, attacking the rim, and even flashing some nice playmaking ability. Good stuff.
Right on. Sacramento got major kudos and exposure from the really good play of both of our guys. Brings up images of what can be with a couple of playmaker guards and floor runners. Cuz does need to cool down a bit on offense, not stop being aggressive but not trying to stuff up every shot in traffic. Otherwise like their game.

Cousins is continuing to mature as a player. This was probably the first time in his life that he was forced to keep his emotions in control and his game in check in order to not get cut. Congrats to him and Rudy! Hope they represent us well.

I really think this whole experience is going to propel DMC into stardom next season. Not only with his on court production, but i think the national media will finally pay attention to him in a good way after this USA exposure

FANTASTIC media coverage.

This is the kind of story, and I don't care that it's not ESPN, in fact it's better that it's through USAB's site, that will cue major outlets on the right tone to take on Cousins. Just can't really post a hit piece on DMC anymore cause somebody out there will cite this article and call you uninformed. With this being out there, all the sudden you make yourself look like an ass if you're just out to trash DMC. He has one great protector now in USAB. And that's all it takes to start to reverse things.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From the article:

“I’m never really satisfied,” Cousins said. “I always want to be better. I always want to do better, so I haven’t really just sat down and said I’m proud of myself yet, because I don’t think I’m done. I don’t even think I’m close.”
That's our franchise center, folks. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm awfully glad just to be along for the ride. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
i'm excited to watch some [relatively] meaningful basketball today. team USA should dispatch Finland with ease, but at least we'll get to see our boys at work.
Phooey on you: I've been watching meaningful basketball for about a week, now. :p

So far, so good: that reach-in on Gay would have been a clear path in the NBA, though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am also suffering from befuddlement at that last call against DMC. But, I too, will realize I cannot win the argument and just continue on... ;)

dude12

Hall of Famer
USA defense looked really active, no Finland FGs in 2nd quarter. Very cool seeing Gay and Boogie being rotation guys here. Can't wait til USA plays better competition cause Finland is way overmatched here.