Boogie just wants to be left alone?

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/behind-the-bench-dont-you-dare-talk-to-demarcus-cousins/

— I was told before the game by two different ushers not to say DeMarcus Cousins’ name a single time. There was nothing I could really say to the man who absolutely tore the Pelicans to shreds while barely breaking a sweat. But he is the only player I’ve seen get this treatment. My usher made it sound like his job was on the line. Seems like DeMarcus Cousins has people bending over backwards to cater to him. The guy was rarely reprimanded for any of his temper tantrums and he was the only player Caron Butler wasn’t engaging with. Every time he pouted towards the Sacramento bench the coaches just said “play through.” Play through he did, dumping 40 points on the Pels.

Unless I read the article wrong, this "new" report is from a game played in New Orleans. Not relevant to how he handles himself with Kings' employees. This was not from the game played the other night. Basically a slam piece .......................

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would the New Orleans ushers be telling fans not to talk to DeMarcus?

Because it might throw him off his game and help the Pelicans? That makes no sense.

I could see if HOME ushers were told to keep fans from talking to Cousins. That would be catering to him. This just seems odd.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Didn't we have a one size fits all DeMarcus is the a "CancerTeamKillinCoachKillingBabyEatingAntiCrhist and end of the world thread?"

Sounds to me that the writer had a reputation if he had to be told not to mess with the players on the bench. The ushers knew Cuz wasn't going to put up with any nonsense.