[Game] Bobcats @ Kings 1/25/2011

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Welcome to the second game of a back-to-back. They look pretty lethargic, which makes sense having watched last night's game. Still, they're going to have to find some energy to get back in this game. The Bobcats aren't that good.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well, as bad as we looked in that half, the only stat categories we're losing right now are shooting percentage and fouls. I'm calling the rebounds a wash because you should expect to give up 20 defensive rebounds when you're shooting 32%. If we could hit the broad side of a barn we'd at least be tied. And if we'd just stop overplaying Wallace at the three point line and letting him blow by us they'd be having just as much trouble scoring as we are.

Just when I think the NBA execs may be letting up on the rigging, this game happens and my faith...or lack thereof is restored lol 3 of the Kings main players in foul trouble and none for the Bobcats. Can't wait until David Stern is gone. Take care y'all.

hrdboild

Staff member
Well I'm convinced. These three refs have shown without shadow of a doubt that they haven't the slightest idea what is a foul and what is not a foul. They're just all over the place.

Hard to win when your team has two real starter level talents in Evans and Cousins, and one of them is always in foul trouble. We need a real SF and PF bad. Udrih has his nights, but PG is third on my list of needs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So I come home and see the Kings lose to the Bobcats. In my head I'm thinking how do you beat Portland last night at their place and lose to a Bobcats team that, let's face it guys...is not very good, not saying we are either but come on they have two good players. This was one of those games I thought the Kings would win, not easily of course, but none the less win it at home especially after that huge game last night they won. I guess that's what happens when you get your hopes up too much about a W on the road. It also doesn't help that Cousins fouls out in 20 min of play and Tyreke is shooting at an awful clip. 1-12 on 3's also tells a huge story I'm sure. Finally, I thought we were a good rebounding team, so how does Kwame Brown get 18 or however many rebounds he got on our big frontcourt?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So I come home and see the Kings lose to the Bobcats. In my head I'm thinking how do you beat Portland last night at their place and lose to a Bobcats team that, let's face it guys...is not very good, not saying we are either but come on they have two good players. This was one of those games I thought the Kings would win, not easily of course, but none the less win it at home especially after that huge game last night they won. I guess that's what happens when you get your hopes up too much about a W on the road. It also doesn't help that Cousins fouls out in 20 min of play and Tyreke is shooting at an awful clip. 1-12 on 3's also tells a huge story I'm sure. Finally, I thought we were a good rebounding team, so how does Kwame Brown get 18 or however many rebounds he got on our big frontcourt?
I see you skipped over the part of the box score where we had a bajillion fouls called on us.

hrdboild

Staff member
I wouldn't even try to analyze anything of consequence from our guys tonight when the officiating was so god awful. Everyone was in foul trouble this game not just Cousins. He made his customary dumb fouls but 2 out of those 6 fouls were complete BS. Kwame got 18 rebounds because we shot horribly all game and our offense was so out of synch (and our primary rebounders in foul trouble) so no one was even trying to box out on the offensive glass. I haven't checked but I would bet most of Kwame's rebounds were defensive. It was just a mess of a game right from the very beginning and I'm sorry any of those players had to take part in it.

Maybe it's the added expectations of playing (slightly) better of late, but this felt like the worst game I've seen the Kings play in a long while.

Maybe it was also the C-Webb injury mentions in the 3rd that just made me angry...pouring salt in the festering wound that is this team.