Bibby Is To Blame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle got lucky that we missed so many wide open shots.

Sacramento got lucky that Seattle missed so many point blank put backs from offensive rebounds.

The Freak said:

rotf.... I nominate this as post of the day:p

I agree with Sactown only with that Bibb just didnt look right. Im not gonna try to read the tea leaves but you could tell he just was seriously off from the start. Everybody has a really bad game every once in a awhile. It happens to all the great clutch players. I was glad RA kept him out there and that bibby didn hesitate to fire. Tells how much cojones he has. Bibby is just too damn good for this to happen again. So quit complaing and blaming the Bibster who allowed a bad night every now and then and enjoy as he will play MUCH better Tuesday.

bibby is better than that. i can't say that we missed a golden opportunity because we never had the game in our grasp. we lost that game in the 1st quarter. the fact that we rallied back with the injured miller and ostertag and with bibby scoreless IN SEATTLE gives us hope. we just need to steal game 2 and win both our home games. go up 3-1 and put seattle on their heels.

Our team stats will be better in the next game.
Its frustrating that we lost and didnt shoot well, but from a poor start the Kings didnt give up, on the contrary we nearly erased the deficit. I take heart from that, and the return of Brad perhaps earlier than was thought.
We all feel bad about decisions we make in life which dont go to plan, but these Kings are talented and they will come through against Seattle.

VF21 said:
I know! I know!

F-O-N-Z-E-Y!!!!!
Damn it VF21, why didn't you tell us earlier that we had it all wrong ???!!!
All blame for yesterday's loss is on you! (stoyak quickly ducks) :)

Time to change my avatar.

STOP FONZEY !!!

Kings have never been a one-man team, so one guy should never be blamed for a loss or a win. If anything, Bibby singlehandedly won us a bunch of games down the stretch or with a buzzer-beating shot this season to put us in the #6 spot. He is one of the guys you should really be thanking we're not playing the Spurs. Bibs will be back, I promise.

PejaHoops16 said:
Some of you may disagree, but look at these stats ;

37 minutes

1 - 16 fg

0-6 3pt fg

1-2 ft fg

4 ast

2 to

0 stls
and
3 pts

He also took very (unnecesary sp?) shots. Especially the one at the end from about 33 feet out that air-balled.
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Bibby will come back and have a very strong game 2. He's the Kings best player and most clutch player, he had a horrible game last night (it happens). However, it's pretty funny to see a guy with the handle "Pejahoops" criticizing Bibby. Yes, Peja had a good overall game, but where was he in the 4th quarter? Peja needs to take a page out of Bibby's book and at first be willing to take a big 4th quarter shot before he goes without blame.

Bibby was off, no doubt about it. He knew it, he said he just didn't feel like himself out there. That said, can't blame one player, because every player on a TEAM should be able to have one off night without all hell breaking loose. Obviously there were more problems than Bibby, and I know he'll come up big next game.

My only concern is his ankle, which evidently was the reason he didn't practice all week, and which he was icing after the game.... hope it's okay.

This thread is a joke...

You're right! Bibby is to blame. He is the reason that I am not mad for falling asleep at half time and missing all of the second half except for the last 30 sec. Had he been playing well I would have been forced to watch the whole game and go to bed disappointed. When I realized I had been sleep and they lost, I was too tired to be upset.
So thanks a lot Bibby for making me feel bad because I wasn't able to support the team last night. :D

Last edited:
VF21 said:
Peja:

The first game is learning about each other. We're going to make adjustments. Obviously, they're going to make adjustments too but we have to do better on the defensive end.
Uhh, I don't know why he said that. Sure, they made a few defensive mistakes like every team does, but overall I think the Kings did a damn good job on defense for once. Especially in the last few minutes of the game.
Well anyway, I am a lot more optomistic about the series now than I was before the series started. Let's Go Kings!!

I do think the Kings could have played a lot better defensively. They played well in spurts, but Seattle's guards were penetrating way too easily and kicking out or making nifty passes in the paint after the penetration for easy scores.

The o-boarding the King did was fantastic, now we just need to keep Seattle off the glass.

Bibby will come back with a strong game... I just wonder if we can expect Cuttino and Peja to also have great games again.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I noted in the grades thread that it looked to me as if resting the ankel allowed it to stiffen up on Mike. His cuts were not there and he had no legs under his jumper. Would have liked to see hm play floor general and run the team better, or more min from House... but really if Iam the coach I have to paly my proven players Bibby and Bobby, confidence is easily borken and often underestimated. No one doubts Mikewill be back and in the long run resting the ankel was the smart move. It's a team sport and no one wins alone or looses alone.

B

buddahead_916

Seattle is very lucky we shot so bad . I cannot fathom this happening again and the sad thing for seattle is they played fairly well and we played like poop, and they barely pulled it out. Your not gonna hold a guy like Bibby down for long and I fully expect a big game on Tuesday.

Kudos to Greg, he made a big difference. And I was very impressed with the teams third quarter play with Greg and Brad in there at the same time, it was a turning point in the game and you could tell Mcmillan was puzzled with this strategy BUT he could not stop it! It kills me that Miller is limited in minutes because he is SO HUGE when it comes to this teams success. The game moves so much more fluidly with him out there, we get more rebounds because James and Evans HAVE to come out to guard him from 18 feet! I LOVE IT! eight mins played and what did he get, 7 points, 5 boards and three assists? Something like that. Sonics better watch out if he puts thirty plus mins in a game, but on the other hand we'd be LUCKY if he comes back that fast.

One, last point- I don't know if anyone saw the comparison of playoff games played between the two teams players on ESPN but it was lopsided to say the least. They have very little playoff experiance as a team where the Kings have tons? Will this make a difference should there be a game 6 or 7?

Anyway, I'm rambling but a message to those going to the arco games-

MAKE THEIR EARS BLEED BABY, REPRESENT!

GO KINGS

Team Dime said:
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Bibby will come back and have a very strong game 2. He's the Kings best player and most clutch player, he had a horrible game last night (it happens). However, it's pretty funny to see a guy with the handle "Pejahoops" criticizing Bibby. Yes, Peja had a good overall game, but where was he in the 4th quarter? Peja needs to take a page out of Bibby's book and at first be willing to take a big 4th quarter shot before he goes without blame.
I'm not blaming Bibby because I don't like him. I'm also not saying that Peja had a perfect game. You can't say anything just from looking at my log-in name.

lighten up on bibby! lets pretend he most likely already feels horrible about his game and that maybe he's trying hard to get things right. some fans we are, he pratically saves us from a lost season and one bad game we turn on him like he's the enemy. its only game one. its not like were done, at least not yet. one person is not the reason for a loss.

bibby had a bad game, but i would never turn on him. he is the savior for this team. that's why it is so important that he finds his rhythm NOW.

Bibby was obviously feeling the effects of being in the heat of the playoffs without his man C-WEBB! Webber got Bibby the shots of the high screen. Last night Bibby was trying to create his own shots and could not get it going. also...WE NEED MILLER TO STAND A CHANCE.

You can't blame one guy. EVERYONE played game. It's funny one of my friends said yesterday, oh I can't wait to hear all the sacramento fans now. I HATE BIBBY!! It does seem sometimes some Sacramento fans just turn on whoever had a bad game. No one had a good game. Peja, Kenny, Mobley, Bobby, Skinner, EVERYONE. So, yes Bibby had a bad game, but everyone does sometimes. When other players have had bad games, we've still one. Other players have stepped up. Is Bibby to be expected to be great all the time?? That's not possible.

Last night was a mirror image of the March 17? Loss to the warriors in Oakland.
I still love Bibby, It's not like he shot 1-16 in game seven forever dashing the Kings playoff hopes. It was game one! And although it would have been a nice game to win the fact that it ended up even being a game at all is a testament to the Kings will...WE WILL TAKE THIS SERIES, LOOK OUT SONICS BIBBY WILL BE BACK WITH A VENGANCE!

PejaHoops16 said:
Some of you may disagree, but look at these stats ;

37 minutes

1 - 16 fg

0-6 3pt fg

1-2 ft fg

4 ast

2 to

0 stls
and
3 pts

He also took very (unnecesary sp?) shots. Especially the one at the end from about 33 feet out that air-balled.
no disaggrement here

No need to put the blame on one guy, especially one guy who singelhandedly helped win us numerous games. Yeah he sucked but I expect him to come back as a force come Tuesday since I'm sure he's 10 times as hard on himself than you people

oye! I was afraid this was gonna happen...

I definetly agree with Entity in that Kings fans are "day to day"

He obviously had a disgustingly awful game...but this is not the NFL or the NCAA..its not win or go home...this is a best of seven series...last night was game one...I expect Mike to bounce back...I expect everyone who wasn't solid to bounce back...fact of the matter is... we still have six more games in this series...and actually I'd much rather Bibby stink it up in game 1 then in any other game in the series...at least now we know...he's got it out of his system...RA & Co. will make the right adjustments for the next game and I expect it to be a much better game from the Kings from the start...

If I see another "xxx is to blame thread" for the rest of the POs...I might have to go "sista girrrl" on someone...and thats not pretty

Relax, y'all...we're looking for the split on the road. Yes, it was a bummer to lose that one, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's why they play a best-of-seven series...teams (and players) will have bad nights, but it won't boot them from the playoffs. We've got a long way to go in this series.

Bibby is my favorite player. Yes he had a terrible game but you also have to look at this. Skinner did not hit the board hard. Sure he has a couple of blocks in the beginning but he was no where to be found. Thomas was not consistent. He also missed those 3 free throws. I truthfully rather see tag and miller getting the majority of the minutes. Jerome James is just to strong for Skinner. At least with Tag it will make it harder for James to get a clean look at the hoop. I am one of the biggest Peja critics but he showed up and played well. I am pissed that they lost but I guarantee that Bibby is not going to go 1 for 16 again. And yet we still only lost by 5 points. Add the 2 free throws that Cuttino missed down the stretch and the 3 from Thomas and this game is ties. Maybe this loss is what the Kings needed. They will be better focused next game and get the win.

i think bibby has done enough for this team to be excused from being blamed for the loss.
besides, can you really blame a single player for the outcome of a game? there's too many factors. sure if he had gotten 2 or 3 shots in, it may be different, but who can really say that?
i hate that he had an off night, but he's an established player. we all know that's not normal for him.
more motivation for his to step up on tuesday.

now, can we please get off his back?

Status
Not open for further replies.