Bee: Kings report: The buzz

SacBee: Kings report: The buzz

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/13849028p-14688998c.html

Kings report: The buzz

Easy does it

By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PST Saturday, November 12, 2005
Story appeared in Sports section, Page C5

This time, the video images during the opponent introduction were tame. The Denver Nuggets logo was what fans saw on the overhead monitor, a far cry from the images of burned-out cars when the Detroit Pistons filed out Tuesday.

RA in SI

Kings coach Rick Adelman in Sports Illustrated this week: "I understand the game. I understand what's going on. I've been under heat (in Sacramento) for a long time. When we won 60 games, there was still heat. I'm going to worry about winning."

Internet nuttiness

The lunacy has begun on Kings internet Web sites, with all sorts of trade suggestions. Like shipping so much cargo straight up for Kevin Garnett (never mind salaries or common sense). One Web user said he would trade Kenny Thomas for a six-pack, any flavor. There was even a plea for Spree, as in free agent Latrell Sprewell.

Nuggets love

An hour before the tip, there was a fan with a true throwback jersey, an Adrian Dantley No. 4 from his prolific scoring days with the Utah Jazz. Dantley, a Nuggets assistant coach, smiled in approval. Carmelo Anthony also signed autographs for a half dozen fans decked in Syracuse orange.

Mighty insurance

Nene, the Nuggets' one-named Brazilian power forward who is likely done for the season with a knee injury, has a Lloyd's of London insurance policy that is worth about $10 million, with the premium in the $100,000 range. Nene's business manager, Joe Santos, told Chris Tomasson of the Rocky Mountain News that Nene is in a "high bracket of insurance (like) Jennifer Lopez, who has her (butt) covered."

Looking way up

SI.com's weekly power ranking released Friday had the Kings slipping from No. 9 to No. 27, with only the New York Knicks (in town Sunday), Atlanta Hawks and Toronto Raptors (in town Nov. 25) below them. Here's how the capsule reads on the Kings: "Burned-out cars. ... Abandoned buildings. ... Streets on fire. ... No, it's not a scoreboard montage of Detroit. It's a metaphor for (the Kings') once-proud offense, currently on blocks on the side of the road."

Stand up and salute

When anyone who has ever had war experience was asked to stand during a timeout in recognition of Veterans Day, Leroy Richardson raised his arm. Richardson was one of the game referees who spent 12 years in the Delta Force.

-------------------------
piksi said:
KT & Corliss - for a six pack and a hot dog. Can't believe we let Darius go for this. It makes me sick watching those 2 out there.
piksi said:
well I would trade KT for the six pack at the moment because things are already out of control.

KT and Corliss for six pack and a hot dog

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
6th said:
Just continued proof that our Bee Staff Writers read KingsFans.com.....as they should. ;) :p

thay should at least quote properly and not make up stuff.

I clearly said KT and Corliss for a six pack and a hot dog. KT alone would not work because of "salary cap"

I figured we gave up Webber for a six pack and a burger but if we keep Skinner - we can't ask for more that a hot dog

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lunacy may have begun on our site, but at least we manage to get the facts right. :D

Notice how Davidson used a couple of examples to take a cheap shot about Internet "nuttiness" but didn't bother to say anything about some of the excellent in-depth discussions we have on our site? What about the nightly grades?

If they're going to quote things from our site, you'd think they'd at least give us the credit. After all, we give proper accreditation to all the stuff we quote from the Bee...

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fillmoe said:
i wouldnt doubt that 1 or more posters on kingsfans are writers for the bee
You'd be wrong. It's about journalistic integrity, conflict of interest, becoming part of the story instead of reporting the story, etc.

While it's pretty obvious they do check out the websites, including Kingsfans.com, they're not going to become active members of those websites.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
1kingzfan is a writer for a newspaper in Folsom, which he has been pretty open about. He doesn't pretend to be something else.

In addition, he would not come to a message board pretending to be a regular fan AND he has not, as far as I know, ever even used anything gathered from either bleachermob or this site in any way, shape or form in his writings. Steve would not do that.

piksi said:
thay should at least quote properly and not make up stuff.

I clearly said KT and Corliss for a six pack and a hot dog. KT alone would not work because of "salary cap"

I figured we gave up Webber for a six pack and a burger but if we keep Skinner - we can't ask for more that a hot dog

Well you could email him and tell him to quote you right if hes going to quote you.