Bad Contracts for Picks

Considering how far Portland is over the Luxury Tax (about $16 mil, before rookie contracts) and there are a bunch of teams with cap space to absorb a bad contract, Portland will demand that whoever gets Harkless also takes at least one of their unsavory/bad contracts off their hands (i.e. Turner, Leonard, or Crabee) for Harkless and a 2017 first rounder.

I think Portland needs to move at least 2 big contracts (min. $20 million total) in any deal for Harkless or their picks, to get real Luxury tax relief.

I would take Harkless in a heartbeat, and if you squint hard enough, Crabee or Leonard could have a place in our rotation.

I am good with taking Moe Harkless, Meyers Leonard (or maybe Crabee) and 2017 #20 pick for Afflalo and good Luxury tax relief for Portland.

I think Portland will make the deal with whoever takes back the most unsavory contracts and demands the least in their 2017 1st round picks.
I might even take Harkless + Leonard for Afflalo without the pick. Harkless is worth it as he fills a massive need for us while still being young enough to fit our timeline. And to us cap space isnt as valuable, as we have tons of it and good free agents wont sign with us anyway. Id rather take a chance on young guys like Harkless and Leonard than signing washed up vets to one year deals just so that it doesnt burn a hole in our pockets (Temple being the exception). Remember, we can have up to 50 millions in space.

James Ham said in his podcast today that he thinks we can get Harkless "For free". He can be such a freakin dork sometimes. Can we get him to follow the Warriors only and get a new guy CSN? I'm thinking Christie and Bobby MAKE IT HAPPEN. Anyways I would be stoked to get Harkless he's immediately our best SF and he seems like the late bloomer type.
I appreciate his inside on kings related news etc, but you're right, if it relates to other teams you're better of listening to Nate Duncan for example.

I might even take Harkless + Leonard for Afflalo without the pick. Harkless is worth it as he fills a massive need for us while still being young enough to fit our timeline. And to us cap space isnt as valuable, as we have tons of it and good free agents wont sign with us anyway. Id rather take a chance on young guys like Harkless and Leonard than signing washed up vets to one year deals just so that it doesnt burn a hole in our pockets (Temple being the exception). Remember, we can have up to 50 millions in space.

I appreciate his inside on kings related news etc, but you're right, if it relates to other teams you're better of listening to Nate Duncan for example.
Unless in fact Vlade can actually swing Afflalo for Harkless straight up in which case I would owe Ham a huge apology;).