Are we going to acknowledge how bad Huerter has been?

Loved what I saw from Huerter these last few games. I always thought it was silly to threaten his starting role, even if it wasn’t a real option, because he was coming off a shaky Playoffs, the mental effects of which we saw at the start of the season. He may not be an amazing 1v1 defender, but his length is vital in the starting lineup since we’re a smaller team. His deflections and tips help out more than you’d think.

Loved what I saw from Huerter these last few games. I always thought it was silly to threaten his starting role, even if it wasn’t a real option, because he was coming off a shaky Playoffs, the mental effects of which we saw at the start of the season. He may not be an amazing 1v1 defender, but his length is vital in the starting lineup since we’re a smaller team. His deflections and tips help out more than you’d think.
Here's a breakdown of the new action installed using Keon, Domas, and Huerter. It's showcasing Heurter's great decision making as well as his shooting. Really nice to see the Kings innovating on offense.

Kevin has played really well the past 3 games. Even the past 5 games, really. He deserves a lot of credit for that. A stark contrast from the first 5 games, and the last couple months of the last season.

Here’s hoping he is able to play like this fairly consistently moving forward.

Kevin has played really well the past 3 games. Even the past 5 games, really. He deserves a lot of credit for that. A stark contrast from the first 5 games, and the last couple months of the last season.

Here’s hoping he is able to play like this fairly consistently moving forward.
One thing of special note, however, is that his defense and rebounding have been consistently good even through the shooting slump, even better than last year. Winner mentality.

Now, all the sudden when he comes out of the slump he's just a wholly better player than last year. Even his decision making has taken a leap. From the doghouse to the penthouse.

Did good in what could be considered a bit of a pressure game against division rivals. Good for him putting 3 games together. Hopefully he works out whatever jitters he gets in big games.

I think we need to accept that Kevin appears to be a pretty hot or cold player. When he is on, he is really freaking on…and we’ve seen a couple of his bad slumps. The good sign is that the muscle he put on over the summer, and his focus on improved defense and rebounding, seems to make him still useful when he hits a shooting slump.

Huerter’s off-ball movement over the last handful of games has been insanely good. He’s cutting with a purpose, playing expertly off Sabonis screens and creating a ton of gravity that is benefitting others.

I imagine Chris Duarte will start if Huerter is out for the back-to-back games against Dallas and New Orleans. Of course, he is only shooting 35.6% from the field. Colby Jones is shooting 47.1% across six games and looks like a veteran already. Huerter himself has hit for 44.7% and 38.2% from deep.

Huerter is certainly the most versatile 3-point shooter the Kings have. Dude can credibly let it fly off any kind of action there is.

Also appreciate secondary playmaking and solid rebounding from the guard position.

Great 1-on-1 defender? No. But his liability there is often overstated. Would be happy to see him get more minutes alongside Monk and Fox.