Anxious to see Fox play

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Vladizzle, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-School

Old-School New Member

Fox will not turn 20 years old until December. His potential growth as a great player is off the charts. I read and agree with Bajaden. I just hope the Kings give him 3 good years and not screw him up. He looks extremely talented for his age.
    NewArena, ppine and VF21 like this.
  2. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

Yes, another factor to consider is the ability to take the hit and still maintain balance. Some guys have that and some guys don't.
    Ron, Vladizzle and VF21 like this.
  3. funkykingston

funkykingston Well-Known Member

That will be something I'll be interested to see. Fox didn't shy from contact necessarily, but he definitely didn't seek it out.
    Vladizzle likes this.
  4. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Well-Known Member

Great post.
  5. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Vladizzle likes this.
  6. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I'm worried about his ankles. They're twigs, and they were constantly dinged in Summer League.

Hopefully that was just bad luck and he stays healthy. I'm super excited to see him go, and I can't wait for this season!!!
  7. The_Jamal

The_Jamal Well-Known Member

The FAR more important attribute that you need from your lead guard is the ability to break down a defense and get to the rim or find the open man on the roll or on the kick-out. Most of the best scoring wing players (LeBron, Giannis, Wall, IT, Westbrook, etc) aren't lock-down shooters or even that good of 3pt shooters; they're just consistent enough to where you can't leave them open. But what they do have in common is they're all amazing at breaking down the defense and getting to the rim when they want.

I think this is what's going to make Fox special. His quickness is 100% elite by NBA standards and I love the fact he took 6 FTA game (.447 FTR, which is outstanding). That bodes well for him to do the same at the next level and be that lead cog to an offense to get it moving.
  8. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Well-Known Member

Yes
    Not uncommon in NBA.

I mean it really depends on the player... You have twigs like Darren Collison who I don't think was too injury riddled. The Teagues.

Man Fox gets me so excited, he has a lot of similarities to them but a 1000 times better personality and chance to be very good
    SLAB likes this.
  9. ppine

ppine Well-Known Member

Everyone that plays basketball like they mean it injures their ankles. It comes with the territory. Some players rehab quicklly and do all the right things to heal up.
  10. kingsfan1984

kingsfan1984 Well-Known Member

Of there flexible twigs he will be fine. Difference between bending a wooded stick versus a green shoot
  11. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

Ankles can be decidedly fickle things.

Being beefy could help but entirely-non-twig-ankled Chris Webber missed probably over fifty games in his Kings career due to rolled ankles alone.
    VF21 and SLAB like this.
  12. New Era

New Era Well-Known Member

Is the game tomorrow night being televised locally?
  13. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

No television coverage. It will be braodcast on KHTK.
  14. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

Dang... now I'm going to bed a very sad person.
    :(
  15. Semi

Semi Active Member

So is the only way to watch the game through NBA League Pass?
  16. NewArena

NewArena Well-Known Member

crazy that in 2017, something like this wouldn't be televised
    Kingster, Joshoua, CelticsFan and 2 others like this.
  17. Semi

Semi Active Member

I was thinking the same thing.

For people out there that can't miss the first look at our kids...
    https://watch.nba.com/game/20171002/

It looks as though it's on NBA League Pass so there is at least some way to watch it. Still inexcusable that all games aren't televised locally.
  18. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Just a reminder: It's okay to start new threads. Not everything has to be lumped into one gigantic thread. :) I moved the comments from here that pertained to the first game into the game thread (renamed).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.