Anxious to see Fox play

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Vladizzle, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Old-School

Old-School New Member

Fox will not turn 20 years old until December. His potential growth as a great player is off the charts. I read and agree with Bajaden. I just hope the Kings give him 3 good years and not screw him up. He looks extremely talented for his age.
    ppine and VF21 like this.
  2. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

Yes, another factor to consider is the ability to take the hit and still maintain balance. Some guys have that and some guys don't.
    Ron, Vladizzle and VF21 like this.
  3. funkykingston

funkykingston Well-Known Member

That will be something I'll be interested to see. Fox didn't shy from contact necessarily, but he definitely didn't seek it out.
    Vladizzle likes this.
  4. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Member

Great post.
  5. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Member

This makes me happy.

Right when you think we have great mentors we get Chauncey Billups now too in the mix? Haha.
    Kingsroots and 206Fan like this.
  6. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

That shot looks pretty good. :)
    Vladizzle likes this.
  7. ppine

ppine Well-Known Member

This is the guy that can really help the Kings. People seem to be worried about his shooting ability. How did he get 40 points in the Tournament under the bright lights if he can't shoot? Having Hill around will be great for him. If IT can make it in the NBA so can Fox. He will get stronger, but he plays the position where speed and not physical strength is most important. It will be worth watching the Kings just to see Fox. I love the guy and think his potential is through the roof.
    Vladizzle and 206Fan like this.
  8. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Vladizzle likes this.
  9. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I'm worried about his ankles. They're twigs, and they were constantly dinged in Summer League.

Hopefully that was just bad luck and he stays healthy. I'm super excited to see him go, and I can't wait for this season!!!
  10. The_Jamal

The_Jamal Well-Known Member

The FAR more important attribute that you need from your lead guard is the ability to break down a defense and get to the rim or find the open man on the roll or on the kick-out. Most of the best scoring wing players (LeBron, Giannis, Wall, IT, Westbrook, etc) aren't lock-down shooters or even that good of 3pt shooters; they're just consistent enough to where you can't leave them open. But what they do have in common is they're all amazing at breaking down the defense and getting to the rim when they want.

I think this is what's going to make Fox special. His quickness is 100% elite by NBA standards and I love the fact he took 6 FTA game (.447 FTR, which is outstanding). That bodes well for him to do the same at the next level and be that lead cog to an offense to get it moving.