Anthony Tolliver

I just ran across this cruising the web. Right now it is the 4th item down. It is a little video on Vine of the 3 point shot taken by Skal to ice the Fan Fest scrimmage.

Watch the pump fake, dribble, hesitation move and pass Tolliver put together to get the dime to Skal. It really is a thing of beauty:)

Link here--> https://twitter.com/sactownroyalty

I just ran across this cruising the web. Right now it is the 4th item down. It is a little video on Vine of the 3 point shot taken by Skal to ice the Fan Fest scrimmage.

Watch the pump fake, dribble, hesitation move and pass Tolliver put together to get the dime to Skal. It really is a thing of beauty:)

And Ben with his classic bite on shot fake fly by defense!

I have some friends from Detroit and they both said Tolliver's impact on the team was crazy. He brought everyone together and made them buy in and work hard on both ends of the floor. Nice to see Vlade bring in guys like him and Barnes. Let's DMC do the dominating and not having to worry about leading guys like Ben, WCS, and the rooks.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
I have some friends from Detroit and they both said Tolliver's impact on the team was crazy. He brought everyone together and made them buy in and work hard on both ends of the floor. Nice to see Vlade bring in guys like him and Barnes. Let's DMC do the dominating and not having to worry about leading guys like Ben, WCS, and the rooks.
This is what his real value is to the team. A quality locker-room guy who can hit a 3 from the PF slot.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is what his real value is to the team. A quality locker-room guy who can hit a 3 from the PF slot.
Exactly. If Cauley-Stein begins the season as the starting PF then I would imagine Tolliver will fight it out with Barnes/Casspi for backup PF minutes while Skal develops in the background.

He's a decent stretch four who isn't a defensive liability so he has a chance to earn significant minutes but his true value is in improving team chemistry and attitude.

I was watching that. It was a very heady move on his part, high IQ type. You cant teach those things.

Starting to wonder if we are gonna see the Patterson phenomena here. Where for whatever reason Pat would brick wide open shots for us. I'm hoping things settle in here, but I hope Tolliver starts making some noise soon.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Starting to wonder if we are gonna see the Patterson phenomena here. Where for whatever reason Pat would brick wide open shots for us. I'm hoping things settle in here, but I hope Tolliver starts making some noise soon.
We've only played three games, so it''s a bit early to jump to conclusions. Lets give it twenty games and see where were at then.

We are seeing part of the same thing, like how you have a guy standing out at the 3 point line wide open who rarely if ever even gets looked at by his teammates. Then the coach seems to stick him in the post any time he does see the ball. Lawson had 3-4 easy passes back to a wide open Tolliver and never made the dime. Joerger is a good coach so I'm sure he'll find a way to utilize him much more effectively.