Andrea Bargnani not the next King (merged)

There was talk about the thunder giving away some players after they match cantor since they'll be in the tax. Novak has 1 cheap year left. Would that be better or worse than bargnani?

Well Jason Jones did confirm the reports :eek:
we have no clue what if anything the Kings offered. maybe we did offer more than vet min... maybe Vlade backed out of talks because Bargs wanted too much... point is the SPIN is being chosen to advance a particular narrative about the Kings.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is that the Nets are looking at him as a sixth man/spot starter and the Kings were looking at him as a situational 4th big. That and I'm guessing Bargnani actually likes living in NYC and playing in Brooklyn he can keep his existing place.

Either way I'm fine with Bargnani not being on this team. Vlade's been putting together a very tough minded and passionate team and while Bargnani would bring a needed element as a shooting big, I'd just as soon get a lunchpail type to be our veteran PF.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder Knicks fans are mad. Look what they gave up
ESPN: Overall, though, Bargnani didn't meet expectations during his two seasons as a Knick. He played in just 71 of a possible 164 games after arriving in a 2013 trade with the Toronto Raptors for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, a 2016 first-round pick and two second-round picks.