and with the #1 pick in the 2009 NBA draft the Kings select...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I wish John Wall was in the draft this year, that would be sick. He will probably go #1 next year if he comes out, he's going to play for Kentucky. We chose the wrong time to suck, maybe we can tank it again next year, it would be well worth it imo.

[yt= John Wall]v4CbQGBbUOw[/yt]
Yes, I was briefly on the Wall bandwagon myself when it looked like he might declare -- THAT was the player we needed. But nothing for it now -- just do the best we can and hope maybe Rubio is that level guy himself or some such.

Last edited:
K

king07

Yes, I was briefly on the Wall bandwagon myself when it looked like he might declare -- THAT was the player we needed. But nothing for it now -- just do the best we can and hope maybe Rubio is that level guy himself or some such.
He's a senior in high school right now, he's gonna be a freshman in college next year so next year he'll be eligible to declare. Anyways, he reminds me of Dwayne Wade and maybe even better. Even if we were to suck next year, i'm sure Stern will find a way to send him to a big market team. *cough* New york *cough*

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He's a senior in high school right now, he's gonna be a freshman in college next year so next year he'll be eligible to declare. Anyways, he reminds me of Dwayne Wade and maybe even better. Even if we were to suck next year, i'm sure Stern will find a way to send him to a big market team. *cough* New york *cough*
Oh just stop that nonsense -- I know its popular in certain circles, but it really is ridiculous. The most exciting players in the NBA have routinely, routinely, ended up in small markets. LeBron went to Cleveland. Howard to Orlando. Shaq to Orlando too for that matter. Oden to Portland (and Durant to Seattle/OKC). The Knicks have sucked forever and never gottent aht lucky bounce. Other than through the power of mere repetition through the conspiracy community, you would have an almost impossible task in creating a credible argument for lottery tampering.

And Wall projects out as a franchise PG really, not a SG/tweener like Wade. Amazing physical skills though. But barring a followup disaster next year that might well cost Sacramento its team, the odds are really low we have any shot at him.

K

king07

Oh just stop that nonsense -- I know its popular in certain circles, but it really is ridiculous. The most exciting players in the NBA have routinely, routinely, ended up in small markets. LeBron went to Cleveland. Howard to Orlando. Shaq to Orlando too for that matter. Oden to Portland (and Durant to Seattle/OKC). The Knicks have sucked forever and never gottent aht lucky bounce. Other than through the power of mere repetition through the conspiracy community, you would have an almost impossible task in creating a credible argument for lottery tampering.

And Wall projects out as a franchise PG really, not a SG/tweener like Wade. Amazing physical skills though. But barring a followup disaster next year that might well cost Sacramento its team, the odds are really low we have any shot at him.

Watch this

[yt= 1985 NBA DRAFT LOTTERY]0TgJE7C5wiU[/yt]

I've watched it in the past. Inconclusive to say the least. And also 25 years old -- the system hasn't been remotely similar in over 20 years.
Agree. That draft might have been rigged, but nowadays with the 4 ball combinations, it would really take a complex system to rig the draft and would start including more people and become a very dangerous game.