ALL KF MEMBERS: Season's Greetings!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We have a global community here...and I know our members have many different ways of saying their seasonal greetings. So, here it is - our annual Kingsfans.com International Greetings thread!

I'll go first (hey, I started the thread):

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hvala!

I hope everyone will feel free to post their season's greetings in their native tongues. I admit to having an ulterior motive - I think we have a lot more members from outside the US than most people realize and I thought this would be a nice way to learn about them AND celebrate the joys of the holiday season.

:D

Mejores deseos a todos en estos dias de fiesta. Que celebran con mucho amor, familia y felicidad, y que el paz este siempre con uds. por todo el año

:D

Translation:

Best wishes to all this holiday season. May you all celebrate with lots of love, family and happiness and may peace be with you all throughout the year.

-Spanish isn't my native tounge, just something I "picked up" along the way ;)

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I think this is a great idea, VF. The only thing I would ask is that everyone give us a translation of their greeting into English.

Here is mine:

May the blessings of the Christ Child be with you this season and always!

I don't have any fancy international holiday greetings to share with the fine KF members, so I'm singing a carol instead.

It's a shame none of you can hear it:

Jingle, jingle bones
Jingle, jingle bones
Jingle all the way
Screech and groan
With jingle, jingle bones
On a witch's Christmas day....

JOYEUX NOEL!!!! ( merry christmas) ( oh and french BTW isn't my native tongue, i jsut attempt to speak it all the time, i took it for 5 years in HS/middle school, thats why i have little french sayings all the time :D)

my favorite christmas lyrics "grandma got run over by a reindeer, walking home from our house christmas eve. you can say theres no such thing as santa, but as for me and grandma we believe" best holiday song ever :D

CokeBee said:
新年快樂
萬事如意
紅包拿來
(happy new year, have everything you wish for, and give me a red envelope:D)
HAHA nice one! But aren't red envelopes for during the CHINESE new year? Well that's the only time I ever get one anyway. Btw, just so you all know, red envelopes are small little red packets given out by Chinese people to wish each other good luck.

Anyway...MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!! Hope everyone here has a happy one. :D

doone said:
HAHA nice one! But aren't red envelopes for during the CHINESE new year? Well that's the only time I ever get one anyway. Btw, just so you all know, red envelopes are small little red packets given out by Chinese people to wish each other good luck.

Anyway...MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!! Hope everyone here has a happy one. :D
Aren't they also filled with money?? Or maybe that is just for Chinese weddings.

RoyalDiva said:
Aren't they also filled with money?? Or maybe that is just for Chinese weddings.
Yup they are! Sorry I forgot to mention that. The amount of money, however, varies and depends on whoever is giving them out. There's no minimum amount of money you are expected to give, as long as there's money in it, its considered good luck.

doone said:
Yup they are! Sorry I forgot to mention that. The amount of money, however, varies and depends on whoever is giving them out. There's no minimum amount of money you are expected to give, as long as there's money in it, its considered good luck.
My friend's brother recently married a Chinese woman. She was concerned about the red envelope thing since she was flat broke at the time. So I told her to stick a $20 bill in there and surround it with a bunch of Monopoly money so that no one would think she was cheap. Don't know if she took my advice.