Afflalo?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Think he made more sense last year because of the Karl connection.

But to a certain degree, I think I'll follow Joerger's lead on this one. Outside of Grindfather, Joerger's gotten defense out of that position out of a whole pile of spare parts and journeymen. If he thinks he can get some of that from Afflalo, well I'll buy it. But the numbers suggest he's not a guy you bring in expecting a boost from anymore.

I think we could do a lot worse than Afflalo, honestly. I'm hoping for strides out of Ben but at this point, he doesn't seem to be a starting caliber player. Afflalo may not be the player he once was, but he brings veteran leadership, and he's a decent 3 shooter. May be a good guy to have in front of Ben to 1 - light a fire under him and 2 - mentor him. If the price is right, i would be happy to go after him, assuming we can't find any other quality 2 guards that want to come to Sac.

I think we could do a lot worse than Afflalo, honestly. I'm hoping for strides out of Ben but at this point, he doesn't seem to be a starting caliber player. Afflalo may not be the player he once was, but he brings veteran leadership, and he's a decent 3 shooter. May be a good guy to have in front of Ben to 1 - light a fire under him and 2 - mentor him. If the price is right, i would be happy to go after him, assuming we can't find any other quality 2 guards that want to come to Sac.
if we need vet leadership + 3 pt shooting... we got caron butler.

as far as ben goes..he needs structure to excel. he had that under malone. ever since? pace pace pace, free flowing jazz music, optional practices, switch on everybody, zero d and structure. if joerger can do what he did w/ those d league guys... i think ben has a place on this team.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Think he made more sense last year because of the Karl connection.

But to a certain degree, I think I'll follow Joerger's lead on this one. Outside of Grindfather, Joerger's gotten defense out of that position out of a whole pile of spare parts and journeymen. If he thinks he can get some of that from Afflalo, well I'll buy it. But the numbers suggest he's not a guy you bring in expecting a boost from anymore.
Afflalo's calling card used to be defense until he got to Orlando and discovered he could hit the three. From that point on, his defense has never been as good. Doesn't mean he's no longer capable. If he is, I'm sure Joerger will help him re-find it. Were only committed for one year, so not much risk involved.