Acy deadline extended

Well Dallas just picked up Jameer Nelson so Terry's dream of being a maverick again looks slim right now. PDA is going to have to be creative and work his phone hard. And last but not least NO CASSPI!

So I guess if they pick up casspi it does not mean Kings will let Acy go since they might find a trade that lowers a hit to luxury tax to keep him

but if no other deal comes along it doesnt sound like they would keep him, really 963k is too much money?
Would a Moreland deal be any cheaper - Maybe some sort of Min contract at $500k?

Yea, this has happened a few times before. I don't know how it works contractually, but its a mutual decision.

The only reason it really makes sense for Acy is if the team is telling him they are GOING to keep him. The longer free agency plays out, the less likely a roster spot will be open for him.

I view this as a good sign a trade will happen before that deadline, and Acy will be back. Both good things.

K

KingMilz

Hopefully this means they are trying to trade some guys. JT, Landry, Terry would be nice
Normally I am all for trading JT but I do think he has value as a 3rd big off the bench, Reggie has maybe 1-2 years left in him max and I love Reggie but this will probably be his last season with us if he makes it all the way with us. I also think if we get Moreland going up against JT/Reggie everyday will be good for him.

There's no need to get rid of JT atm there's far worse on the roster that should be gone/never signed. While JT does at times pee me off with the complaining/fumbling passing dude gives a honest effort and actually has the balls to call out players for being selfish I honestly can't blame him for calling people out he's 100% right, dude in general is a team player.

This is the way I would approach our frontcourt situation.
Until a clear upgrade via trade presents itself I would use JT as backup 5, Landry backup 4, Start Reggie at 4 and use Moreland sparingly until he shows he can handle extended mins out there. I know I'm probably in the minority here but I try to develop Acy into some sort of rock em sock em 3 especially if he continues to show his range. This leaves Williams as odd one out unless he shows us some consistency he's looking at a lot of pine time.