A Kings fan is

The Rise guys made a statement this morning. Some posts in the threads today made me think back to that. Whitey said not word for word quote but I will put some "" in it... "just because your critical doesn't mean you don't love your team"

So my question is what is a true Kings fan? .....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Oh god, these threads never turn out well. Basically everyone always thinks a "true fan" is just like them and everybody else is somehow lesser. I'm a true fan because I always believe. I'm a true fan because I care enough to boo. I'm a true fan because I love unconditionally. I'm a true fan because I'm willing to be critical. Etc. Etc.

Everybody thinks that they are da ****, and that leads to all kinds of posturing and proclamations.

...optomistic about the future of the franchise.

Good point brick... hope mine didnt sound too "...the best fan ever". :) Im just feeling optomistic about what weve talked about in "The window has officially closed" thread.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's not about whether you're critical or not. And it's not about how long you've followed the team...

Bottom line:

You're a Kings fan if when you hear a cowbell, the first thing you think of ISN'T a cow.

You're a Kings fan if hearing the word "Arco" doesn't remind you to check the gas in your car.

You're a Kings fan if you know that "Predrag" doesn't refer to something you do before a street race.

VF21 said:
It's not about whether you're critical or not. And it's not about how long you've followed the team...

Bottom line:

You're a Kings fan if when you hear a cowbell, the first thing you think of ISN'T a cow.

You're a Kings fan if hearing the word "Arco" doesn't remind you to check the gas in your car.

You're a Kings fan if you know that "Predrag" doesn't refer to something you do before a street race.

What she said! :) Although cow bells are used at lake natoma when my crew team goes to state championships in 2 weekends. Other than that... they remind be of the kings.

I like Pixelpushers description altho I might say I'm a Kings fan because I want the Kings to beat every team they play every time they play! (Other than that, they can do whatever they want :D )

Bricklayer said:
Everybody thinks that they are da ****, and that leads to all kinds of posturing and proclamations.
Don't worry, Brick. Nobody thinks they are better than anyone.

Besides, I KNOW I'm the biggest Kings fan, so there really is no argument. ;)

But to answer your question...

1) someone who's homepage is kingsfans.com

2) someone who lied and cancelled a date for tomorrow night. Game 3 is just too important.

I think everyone on here is a kings fan thus kingsfans.com. We wouldn't have bothered to express our feelings of both excitement AND displeasure if we are not.

GoGoGadget said:
A Kings fan is.
That existential comment now makes the subject of this thread more of a deep, philosophical question.

A Kings fan is, but many Kings fans ponder what the Kings were and speculate on what they yet could be.

Nice replies... I did have a point to this thread other then to see who the best Kings fan was :)

Lately a lot of threads have contained people with different points of views, as the thread would get heated; someone would take a shot at another person.

The Rise Guys comment this morning made a lot a sense in that we are all Kings Fans. Being a Kings fan gives us the right to express/criticize the players and coaches. That still makes one no less a fan then a person with an opposing view.

What VF said in her reply was my point. We are all Kings Fans with many views. Just because someone doesn't agree with your view that doesn't make them an "IDIOT" as I saw in another thread. I disagree with Brick, Piksi and everyone else all the time but I don't try to slander them to make my point seem valid. Anyway in the end they are usually right :)

This isn't a thread to try and police the boards, that’s the mods job and definitely not mine. This was a thread to show that we are all Kings Fans. WELL almost all of us as this board attracts some fans from other teams, which is a good thing IMO.

This board has a large community of fans and is such a great board the opposing teams fans are visiting us :)

Go Kings -

Stepping off my horse now...

A Kings fan is somebody whose seen more heartbreak in 5 years then most see in a lifetime.

A Kings fan is a homer, a realist, a pessimist, a optimist, and just a plain fanatic.

VF21 said:

Bottom line:

This is by far the best explanation..... LOVE IT, VF!!