(3)Kings versus (6)Warriors Pre-Playoff Series Thread

Guess the end result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only true advantage we have, I believe, is that the kings are the hungrier team.
Everything basketball related, especially with wiggins coming back, is in favor of GSW.
Hey, let's be both proud of what we accomplished and honest - we were very healthy this season. The Suns, Warriors, Clippers, Wolves, Lakers, Thunder were not. We are more of a 5-6 seed than 3 seed.

It will be a tough series but the Kings should have some advantages on the board and getting into the paint. Just need to play under control and don’t “help” so much on defense.

X-Factor will be the benches. If the Kings bench loses to the Warriors bench more games than not…then the Kings won’t win the series. Our starters should be able to keep pace with theirs. We need big series from Monk and Trey

I think we get a good series 6-7 games. I’d lean towards Warriors if I wasn’t a Kings fan

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Kings need to bar anybody trying to buy playoff tickets with a Zip code outside of Sacramento from purchasing a ticket. And Kings season ticket holders need to stand proud and don’t sell your tickets!
Good luck with that. Barely works in MLS where tickets are 1/10th the price. A lot of people looking to get paid back selling these tickets.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The only true advantage we have, I believe, is that the kings are the hungrier team.
Everything basketball related, especially with wiggins coming back, is in favor of GSW.
Hey, let's be both proud of what we accomplished and honest - we were very healthy this season. The Suns, Warriors, Clippers, Wolves, Lakers, Thunder were not. We are more of a 5-6 seed than 3 seed.
Have you actually watched a Warriors game this season or is this the 17+ years of trauma talking?

The Kings are a terrible matchup for the Warriors, who defend iso ball much better than they do ball movement offenses. Wiggins is probably not anywhere close to being in basketball shape after missing half a season. Steph and Klay are Steph and Klay on offense, yes, but defensively they’re 2023 Steph and Klay (that is to say very bad) and GPII and DDV can only play so many minutes for the Warriors to still stay functional on offense. I guess the idea would be that Draymond can guard Sabonis but Domas still averaged something like 20/17/6 against the Warriors in their matchups this season despite being in total foul trouble for the first two matchups.
I get it. It’s the Warriors and they still have their best player. But the Kings aren’t just cannonfodder.

It looks like my dream is coming true a few weeks ago...Kings vs Warriors in 1st round. Kings down by 8pts after 1st quarter...could have been down by 10pts if Poole didn't missed the driving contested shot. Don't know what happened after the rest of the quarters. We will see how they fair after the 1st quarter lol.

Have you actually watched a Warriors game this season or is this the 17+ years of trauma talking?

The Kings are a terrible matchup for the Warriors, who defend iso ball much better than they do ball movement offenses. Wiggins is probably not anywhere close to being in basketball shape after missing half a season. Steph and Klay are Steph and Klay on offense, yes, but defensively they’re 2023 Steph and Klay (that is to say very bad) and GPII and DDV can only play so many minutes for the Warriors to still stay functional on offense. I guess the idea would be that Draymond can guard Sabonis but Domas still averaged something like 20/17/6 against the Warriors in their matchups this season despite being in total foul trouble for the first two matchups.
I get it. It’s the Warriors and they still have their best player. But the Kings aren’t just cannonfodder.
you are right, was a bit true traumatic for a second. go kings!

I think Warriors are better for the Kings just because they play similar style. I think Kings can play better D and is a more potent offensive team because Warriors has two players in their starting lineup that can't shoot in Draymond and Looney. So, you can basically leave them alone and put more pressure on Curry and Klay. Make Draymond shoot more...

I have a question: So, let's just say Warriors went on and win the series against the Kings....are they going to be facing Memphis or Nuggets?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Such a terrible matchup for the Warriors that they went 3-1 against us on the season.
The first loss was when the refs were in the midst of their anti-Sabonis crusade during our 0-4 start
The second loss was the ref blowing the game game
the most recent loss involved our scrubs and an exhausted HB and Keegan somehow playing the Warriors’ starters to a stalemate going into the fourth quarter.

I think Warriors are better for the Kings just because they play similar style. I think Kings can play better D and is a more potent offensive team because Warriors has two players in their starting lineup that can't shoot in Draymond and Looney. So, you can basically leave them alone and put more pressure on Curry and Klay. Make Draymond shoot more...

I have a question: So, let's just say Warriors went on and win the series against the Kings....are they going to be facing Memphis or Nuggets?
The winner of the 3-6 matchup faces the winner of 2 vs 7. So it would be Memphis, if they win

if we don’t take the bait and make this some sort of 3 point shooting contest, we can definitely beat them. We can destroy them in the paint but i hope we counter Fox getting double teamed a lot better than we have, and come up with something other than that weird zone where everyone gets an open 3.

Depends who wins - if both win, the Grizzlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.