10 Questions with Orien Greene

http://www.nba.com/kings/features/orien_greene_q_a-100107.html

Ten Questions with Orien Greene
Since he arrived in Sacramento, third-year point guard Orien Greene has put in a ton of hours in the gym and is getting to know his new teammates. Greene comes to the Kings as a physical defender who can guard multiple positions. It's a safe association given that he was named Defensive Player of the Year in the Sun Belt Conference as a senior at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Drafted 53rd overall in the 2005 NBA Draft, Greene played his first two seasons in the NBA with the Boston Celtics and Indiana Pacers, respectively. Get to know more about Greene before the Kings 2007-08 Training Camp begins on October 2!

What has your training regimen been like since you arrived in Sacramento?
I come in at 9 a.m. to lift for an hour to an hour - and - a - half. Then I go on to the court to do voluntary drills with coaches and get in a lot of shooting. Then we play pick up games.

How important is it to workout with your new teammates? Working out with the guys who you're going to be playing with during the season gives you a chance to gel and get to know how each other plays. It's real helpful be in here with all my teammates.

Have you been hanging out with the guys off the court as well?
All of us have been hanging out collectively. We've been getting lunch and dinner together. Just being in the gym together, we're always hanging out.

What is your mindset heading into camp?
My mindset is to go hard and do what the coaches ask of me. I'm just excited about the opportunity in itself and I just want to get out there and show what I can do.

You've been regarded as a strong defender, what skill set do feel you bring to the team? Besides defense, I'm trying to show what I can do (on the offensive end). I can get into the lane and get open shots for other guys and create my own shot. I'm just trying to show that I can be a floor general! My strengths would be handling, distributing -- I can knock down the 15 footer, but my focus is on getting other guys open shots.

You're heading into your third season in the League, what has been the hardest thing for you to adjust to the NBA game?
You have to go hard every night to make the most of your minutes. Being on the road is kind of tough, especially having four games in five nights in different cities, so it's pretty tough to adjust to the road schedule.

What do you enjoy doing away from the court?
I like to shop and play video games. I'm a homebody.

You like to shop, so would you consider yourself a fashionista?
I like to stay fresh! Sometimes I like to get my lil Dougie on. My lil Dougie Fresh on! A clean look for me would be a Polo top, a pair of Red Monkey jeans and some Air Force One's or Prada shoes. I have a chain (necklace) and I had a watch, but I lost my watch. I'm not real good with jewelry! So sometimes I get into it, but not really.

Who did you admire in the NBA when you were younger?

I admired (Michael) Jordan of course! But when I got older I liked Jason Kidd because I like the way he pushes the ball and gets all of his teammates involved.
Are you comparable to his size?
Most people say that. I'm a big guard that can post up and I'm interchangeable on defense -- I can guard other positions. So I've heard that comparison before.