1-0 When Thornton gets hurt in the first quarter....

I'm a Thornton fan... but this is pretty telling.

If he isn't willing to get hurt in the first quarter of every game, he should be traded.

N

Nikefutbolero

You thought this was a clever thread. I mean, you're suggesting the thread about Tyreke is idiotic. But this thread isn't clever.

Then it was my non-clever attempt to show how people are severely overreacting to our wins and losses with particular players.

Mods can close it then if they think its in bad taste.

I know this was a sarcastic/joke thread and I kind of agree with the point of it. At the same time it does bring up a point that it seems Tyreke and Thornton do better when they're not playing together. Which is odd because they did okay last year, but Beno was taking up 25-30 MPG then as a combo guard too. So I dunno.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Actually got a laugh out of me. I appreciate irony. Never laugh at the court jester! Wait, isn't he susposed to make you laugh?

On a more serious note, this is a blessing. Last time MT was hurt Jimmer got the starts. This time IT is already the starter so only way it gets screwed up is if Jimmer is the starter again with IT and Evans. Doesn't matter who starts with IT and Evans we will have a better rounded line up.

K

Kingsguy881

On a more serious note, this is a blessing. Last time MT was hurt Jimmer got the starts. This time IT is already the starter so only way it gets screwed up is if Jimmer is the starter again with IT and Evans. Doesn't matter who starts with IT and Evans we will have a better rounded line up.
Thinly veiled infantile potshot from OP aside, I am actually VERY interested to see if Smart goes smart and starts IT/Reke/TWill. That might be the backcourt we are looking for. 3 ball handlers/creators who can all drive to the rack and play fiesty defense would be SICK.

Thinly veiled infantile potshot from OP aside, I am actually VERY interested to see if Smart goes smart and starts IT/Reke/TWill. That might be the backcourt we are looking for. 3 ball handlers/creators who can all drive to the rack and play fiesty defense would be SICK.
Actually it would be IT/TWill/Evans. :p Don't know why people think T-Will is more of a 3 than Evans. Evans is 1/2 inch shorter, but has a longer wing span and standing reach.

Actually it would be IT/TWill/Evans. :p Don't know why people think T-Will is more of a 3 than Evans. Evans is 1/2 inch shorter, but has a longer wing span and standing reach.
Cos Twill is a better outside shooter, and because Twill is point-FORWARD. And because Tyreke isn't a 3, he's a 4.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So can we officially call Marcus not a team player for not hobbling on out there to start the game tonight and having to leave due to the injury after the first play?

Seemed like after Greene was ineffective Smart went with the IT/Evans/TWill/JT/DMC.. It did pretty well, but there were some disappointments tonight.

Seemed like after Greene was ineffective Smart went with the IT/Evans/TWill/JT/DMC.. It did pretty well, but there were some disappointments tonight.
Donte got pulled for foul trouble each time. He was playing good D on Frye. Frye was 6-16, from looking at the shot chart in the ESPN box score it looks like he was 0-7 when Donte was in the game.