Domas at PF?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you imagine two "braliukai" - "braliukai" is a friendly way how Lithuanians and Latvians call each other, "little brothers" - Domas at C and Porzingis as PF on the same team? ;) Let's smoke something tasty and just imagine :) Though never will happen... Like biggest Baltic tribes never united. Only žemaičiai and aukštaičiai managed to stay together through the times. Prussians were enslaved and exterminated by European Christian Knights, Latvian tribes had a little better fate, finally managing to form their own country at the end of the WWI, reclaiming independence later in 1991.
Funny thing: Latvians won first Euro Championship in 1935 with the W in the finals against Lithuanians, then LTU got two gold medals in a row, 1937 and 1939. We all know very well what happen a bit later, on September 1st of 1939.
Before his injuries, Porzingis would have been a pretty ideal fit on this Kings team. Can stretch the floor but also protect the rim and had just enough foot speed to not get killed when switched onto smaller players on the perimeter. But these days he's pretty much just a stretch 5. And while he's a perfect fit for what Boston does, I don't think he and Domas would pair all that well today.

The ideal PF to put between Sabonis and Murray (IMO) would be Jonathan Isaac, if he could play starter's minutes and stay healthy.

Before his injuries, Porzingis would have been a pretty ideal fit on this Kings team. Can stretch the floor but also protect the rim and had just enough foot speed to not get killed when switched onto smaller players on the perimeter. But these days he's pretty much just a stretch 5. And while he's a perfect fit for what Boston does, I don't think he and Domas would pair all that well today.

The ideal PF to put between Sabonis and Murray (IMO) would be Jonathan Isaac, if he could play starter's minutes and stay healthy.
yeah if healthy perfect

I watched many Knicks games before Kristaps injury. I even watched live game when he got injured (no need to get into details, it would be like re-watching divine unicorn hit by an arrow). Kristaps was really special and fun. Now I just watch some clips of Boston games. I liked when Bird was a Celtic and that was that.
I still think that to get a starter PF that could fit with Domas very well is not mission impossible.

Isaac( if he can handle 25-30 min) or JJJ ( not realistic obviously) would be excellent fits