Tyreke Evans = National televison again?

I think we will see 1 or 2 early, and then if we begin to be exciting again - then they will add more. However, if we begin to repeat last year's team, then that'll be all.

But I think 1 to 2 early is a safe bet.

One possible game that could go national is Ron Ron and LA vs us.

I think we will see 1 or 2 early, and then if we begin to be exciting again - then they will add more. However, if we begin to repeat last year's team, then that'll be all.

I could see LA vs Kings and Gstate vs Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't get too excited about any national games quite yet, folks. There are teams out there that made some significant changes to their rosters to get back into the thick of things - Dallas immediately comes to mind - and they'll be showing up whenever the reigning champions have a day off. Other than that, games will go to the Cavaliers, possibly the Clippers solely because of Blake Griffin, the usual strong contenders, etc. While we're pretty excited about having something to actually look forward to, I really doubt if the rest of the nation is biting their nails, hoping to see a Kings game.

:)

Don't get too excited about any national games quite yet, folks. There are teams out there that made some significant changes to their rosters to get back into the thick of things - Dallas immediately comes to mind - and they'll be showing up whenever the reigning champions have a day off. Other than that, games will go to the Cavaliers, possibly the Clippers solely because of Blake Griffin, the usual strong contenders, etc. While we're pretty excited about having something to actually look forward to, I really doubt if the rest of the nation is biting their nails, hoping to see a Kings game.

:)

I agree with you, I have been watching alot of summer games, and every game they refer to Evans becoming a beast. just thinking we are due to turn this team around soon.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

thats a likely scenario

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agree with you, I have been watching alot of summer games, and every game they refer to Evans becoming a beast. just thinking we are due to turn this team around soon.
If the team does start to show some flash and excitement, there might be a couple of "alternate" games down the road but TV programming is traditionally based on the prior year. The programming folk have to figure what games will garner the most viewing for their sponsors. We're a small market to begin with, so unless we suddenly trade for LeBron, the Kings fan base alone just isn't enough to grab a national slot.

I'm hopeful but not very optimistic at this point in time. At least we have Comcast sports. It used to be a lot more difficult to catch even a glimpse of anything having to do with the Sacramento Kings.

I don't know what criteria is used to determine who appears in the national broadcasts, but I'm sure the Kings don't have enough national appeal to bring in ratings. If they're using the previous season's records, I think we'll see only the minimum national exposure (whatever that happens to be). We might not see any national games, and I wouldn't blame the networks if that's the case.

Good question. I don't keep tally of what games are shown.

Did OKC get many games broadcast this year because they landed Westbrook?
Well, I'm not sure, but according to this website..

http://thestartingfive.net/2008/08/06/2008-2009-nba-tnt-schedule-announced/

Cleveland 10 Orlando 5
L.A. Lakers 10 San Antonio 5
Phoenix 10 Washington 5
Boston 9 Detroit 4
Portland 8 Houston 4
Dallas 7 New Orleans 3
Denver 7 Philadelphia 3
Chicago 6 Miami 2
Utah 6 Golden State 1
Memphis 1
This was last year's TNT schedule announced at the beginning of the year... Bulls got 6 to begin the year, just because of Rose I'm sure. But Grizzlies and Warriors both got one... so maybe there is hope for 1??

--

Here was ESPN's 08-09 schedule announced at the beginning of the year.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/08/espnabcs-2008-2009-nba-schedule.html

Warriors had a BUNCH of games. Thunder actually did play one game, against the NO Hornets, so the OKC connection was the play there.

I have to admit, Im getting excited about Evans. Him and Martin are going to light up the scoreboard this year. Should be good for a few televised games.

On paper, the team is more entertaining than the Bucks Wolves Raptors Pistons Warriors Suns Knicks Bobcats and maybe Sixers and Memphis. We have alot of things going for us. Firstly, we have Evans. Second, we are expected to win more games than last year. It won't suprise me if we beat any team because as the Roster stands today, we are deeper than we have been in a while. we have 3 points who can play, 2 SG who are shooters, a plethora of legit SF, and a Front line that cannot be ignored because they are both playing for contracts. It sounds weird, but this team has something that might work. I will be hitting up arco a few more times this year....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On paper, the team is more entertaining than the Bucks Wolves Raptors Pistons Warriors Suns Knicks Bobcats and maybe Sixers and Memphis. We have alot of things going for us. Firstly, we have Evans. Second, we are expected to win more games than last year. It won't suprise me if we beat any team because as the Roster stands today, we are deeper than we have been in a while. we have 3 points who can play, 2 SG who are shooters, a plethora of legit SF, and a Front line that cannot be ignored because they are both playing for contracts. It sounds weird, but this team has something that might work. I will be hitting up arco a few more times this year....
I think a lot of Kings fans just might do the same thing. But, at the national level, we're not any more exciting than any of the other bottom dwellers going into the season - and that's when broadcast schedules have already been locked in.

Last year when the schedule came out there were a lot of disappointed Kings fans - although, to be honest, it turned out just as well that we weren't on the national stage. I just don't want fans to be hoping too much for a change as far as national exposure is concerned this year.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
If anyone I'm just glad we have a new coach, a new point guard and a set of young players and a bright future if things pan out..
but then again we could end up like the Atlanta Hawks and be sucking for years until we sign a marquee player

I hear that.

:eek:
If anyone I'm just glad we have a new coach, a new point guard and a set of young players and a bright future if things pan out..
but then again we could end up like the Atlanta Hawks and be sucking for years until we sign a marquee player
Please don't let us become the Hawks of old. For that matter don't let us become the pre Vlade Kings.
Don't worry about national games on tv. We'll get to see plenty of games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
:eek:

Please don't let us become the Hawks of old. For that matter don't let us become the pre Vlade Kings.
Don't worry about national games on tv. We'll get to see plenty of games.
I think we already were the pre-Vlade Kings. :)

With Evans/Martin/Casspi/Thompson/Hawes, I cannot help but be excited about an old feeling returning but for a new team of players exciting in a different kind of way...

National games because of T. Evans? This guy isn't that great. I have a gut feeling that he'll end up a wash over. (could just be the jack in the box I just ate) Or, he'll play poorly with us, and then go to a contender and end up most improved player of the year... :rolleyes:

For example

Brad Miller - Playoffs
Ron Artest - Playoffs
Mike Bibby - Playoffs
Rick Adelman - Playoffs

I can go on and on about how every recent Kings player of the years past managed to make it to the playoffs last season.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I can go on and on about how every recent Kings player of the years past managed to make it to the playoffs last season.
1) In general, the teams picking up established and expensive players in trades are playoff contenders.

2) In this league, 16/30 teams (53%) make the playoffs.

Make of that what you will.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I disagree ;)
Winning > nationally televised tv IMO.

Unless Evans turns into a superstar with lots of fans..I don't see it happening. Why put a team on that won't bring you good rating?
No, winning teams always start popping up. Not all equally -- a winning team that's exciting always gets mroe than a winning team that's not (unless said winnign team is like San Antonio and has a collection orf rings). But if you win, you will be on national TV. And on the other hand if you do not, the only hope is that you have such an exciting rookie that the networks figure people will jsut want to watch him. Evans may or may not be that level rookie, but I don't think he has the hype for the networks ot gamble on it. They might have with Rubio, maybe a little somehting for Griffin. But nobody else out of this draft until they prove it.