MLB Thread - 2024

Man.

We're obviously better and I think this is probably a good team. This Dodgers squad is just generational though, just unfair to have to get through MVP after MVP after MVP. Legitimately think they could make a push for the win record if they stay healthy/care.

Estrada comes through with the walk off gapper

Great start by Hicks. Very impressed by him so far
I like the look of this Giants squad quite a bit. Especially with Matos and Luciano lurking, who I very much think are everyday players by the summer.

Top 3 SP look outstanding and we're adding the CY young winner and a former CY winner from 2 years ago later on.

Giants getting whooped but Kruk and Kiup deliver

Talking about Doval’s little boy throwing out the first pitch

“He has a higher delivery than his dad”

“He also gets rid of it quicker than his dad”

Playful jab at Doval’s pitch clock issues

Veteran lineup already putting me to sleep this season

Matos and Luciano buttons may need some pushing. Honestly, they should’ve started the season with them. Feels like the average age for a Giants farm project is to be ready by age 30

It would’ve been a nice play but Lee obviously couldn’t see the ball again. That might be a day game problem. Second time in two days

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This team sucks. Imagine if they’re worse with this roster than with any of the Kapler rosters. Unscapegost that man.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
They need to get Matos and Luciano up ASAP. Not gonna rag on Snell because he didn’t have a spring, but I don’t have sky high expectations for him either.

dude12

Hall of Famer
A lot of the Giants aren’t hitting. Hope that trend is not a year long deal.
At some point, they have to commit to Matos and Luciano. Matos is ready to contribute. Luciano will be fine at the MLB level. I believe in his talent. If you’re going to lose, you need to mix in the youth at the highest level.

Bases loaded no outs with the “thump” coming up and nothing.

Wow this lineup SUCKS

And Oracle is a desert. I know the sell out days have been over for a few years but entire sections have been empty for these Nats games. Not used to seeing that

I can’t wait for the “We shouldn’t have fired Kapler” narrative to begin. Because we shouldn’t have.
Kapler wasn’t the problem. He did what he could. Sort of like Jim Harbaugh or guys like that. Good coaches that find a way to wear out their welcome with the powers that be

There were some things I didn’t like. His love of the crappy bullpen game and too many platoons…but that’s also mostly on Farhan being unable to acquire and especially develop everyday caliber players.

The farm system is the biggest tragedy with this franchise.

Rays have their catcher pitching out there and unlike many positional players called on to pitch(maybe they pitched in high school)… it looks like he’s never pitched anything but batting practice lol

But Fitzgerald just let a 72 MPH meatball zoom past him for a K

I guess the unwritten rule is that the opposing team making the positional player pitching substitution is a white flag and not a stat padding opportunity

Rays have their catcher pitching out there and unlike many positional players called on to pitch(maybe they pitched in high school)… it looks like he’s never pitched anything but batting practice lol

But Fitzgerald just let a 72 MPH meatball zoom past him for a K

I guess the unwritten rule is that the opposing team making the positional player pitching substitution is a white flag and not a stat padding opportunity
Then Chapman takes the first pitch yard the next inning. Must have been fair game since the Rays scored.

Think Snell would’ve been served well with 2-3 starts in Sac before debuting with the Giants.

Doesn’t seem to have a feel for anything right now. All his “good pitches” are getting hit and everything else are easy takes. Rusty.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Still not going to pile on Snell. I’m extremely glad we got him at the price we did tho, because I don’t and never had Cy-high hopes for him.

I guess MLB picked a good Giants game to paywall into me forgetting it was happening.

15-1 DBacks

It looks like Snell was shelled again.

Giants did finally hit their first home run at home this season though

It’s going to be a long summer waiting for the Niners and Kings to start back up