[Game] Kings vs. Warriors - 4/16/2024 (Play-In Tournament) - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Which Kings team will we see tomorrow night?

• The TERRIBLE Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here we are. 82 games have been recorded in the history books. We survived long enough to be able to fight for at least another night of NBA action.

What will we see tomorrow night? Will we see:

A. The GOOD Kings
B. The BAD Kings
C. The TERRIBLE Kings

Or...will we wish we hadn't seen ANY Kings?

Time to go out there and...

LIGHT THEM BEAMS in front of a national television audience!!!

Also, and just because it's the postseason, and just for our dear, and pessimistic, friend, @SLAB, let us also, in front of a national television audience,...

LIGHT THEM BEANS, BABY!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Against Portland, I was greatly encouraged to see mid-range Fox, who was so deadly last season, reappear. Sabonis also attempted more mid-range shots than usual. This season, he averages .516 when shooting from 3-10 feet and an acceptable .467 when shooting at 10-16 feet. Given that the Warriors are going to heavily guard the lane, block the rim and, as Sabonis said a few days ago, "dare us to shoot," it is important for both those guys to lead by opening up the floor with their essentially unguardable mid-range game. Davion can contribute, too.

It turns out that 37% of Fox's field goal attempts were 3-pointers, 580 altogether, the most on the team. He shoots .369% from deep this year.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
View attachment 12580 (Reference is to 18 games against the Warriors...as attached images don't copy in the quoted material)
We played 175 regular/preseason/postseason games in that time (counting tonight's game), so it's just a bit more than 1-in-10. But if you go back and actually include from the beginning of the preseason last year, we will have played 181 games, so it would be just under 1-in-10 over two full years (less if we advance in the playoffs!)

On ESPN.com NBA home page USA basketball "experts" made their picks for today's games: 10-3 Lakers win, 13-1 Warriors win. The show must go on, I suppose. Road teams lower in standings, made play-in just because, are HUGE favorites :) I don't care much about Pels - Lakers, but 13-1 picks in favor of Warriors are just insanity. Lakers have LBJ and some other guy, Warriors - Curry. Their only reason.

On ESPN.com NBA home page USA basketball "experts" made their picks for today's games: 10-3 Lakers win, 13-1 Warriors win. The show must go on, I suppose. Road teams lower in standings, made play-in just because, are HUGE favorites :) I don't care much about Pels - Lakers, but 13-1 picks in favor of Warriors are just insanity. Lakers have LBJ and some other guy, Warriors - Curry. Their only reason.
I also think their postseason experience Vs our postseason experience factors into the 13-1 prediction. They have way more experience than do we, so I would expect people to think that the matchup plays more to their favor.

With that being said, I thought it would've been more like a 8-6 or 9-5 split. 10-4 would've also been reasonable to expect.

I guess it's just time for us to go out there and shock the world...:p:p:p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We’ve been bad down the stretch. We’re injured. We’re mediocre at home. They beat us last year twice at home when it mattered most. They’re hot. They’re healthy. They’re a dynasty that has playoff / championship experience.

I see zero reason why it should be anything else.

Flip the narrative please! But until then, 13-1 against us is just about what I expect and it’s totally fair.

I also think their postseason experience Vs our postseason experience factors into the 13-1 prediction. They have way more experience than do we, so I would expect people to think that the matchup plays more to their favor.

With that being said, I thought it would've been more like a 8-6 or 9-5 split. 10-4 would've also been reasonable to expect.

I guess it's just time for us to go out there and shock the world...:p:p:p
Kings didn't make into post-season 16 years in a row. Last year we finished 3rd in the West. Though we didn't win a play-off series. Maybe this year (I know, I know, we are not even suppose to have one...) ;)

We’ve been bad down the stretch. We’re injured. We’re mediocre at home. They beat us last year twice at home when it mattered most. They’re hot. They’re healthy. They’re a dynasty that has playoff / championship experience.

Flip the narrative please! But until then, 13-1 against us is just about what I expect and it’s totally fair.
Come on Slab, pay attention to this season.

Clearly, this means we're going to wipe them up by 30. It's only when we play inferior teams with their 3 best players out that we for some reason decide to get dominated.

Well, this means one thing, and one thing only...

The SLABster's motivational speech will result in us blowing GSW out of our house. Kings win by 30+...:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.