[Game] Kings vs. Warriors - 4/16/2024 (Play-In Tournament) - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Which Kings team will we see tomorrow night?

• The TERRIBLE Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I am reading, as well. The coach said he was walking without a limp, however.
Hammy's are notoriously tricky... and playing on a bad hammy can lead to more serious injury.....

Knowing Zion's long injury history, I don't know if the Pelicans will want to risk a bigger injury for Zion playing just 3 days from now against a Kings team they have already beaten 5-0 during the regular season..... I'm hoping Zion doesn't play

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Hammy's are tricky... and playing on a bad hammy can lead to more serious injury.....

Knowing Zion's long injury history, I don't know if the Pelicans will want to risk a bigger injury for Zion playing just 3 days from now against a Kings team they have already beaten 5-0 during the regular season..... I'm hoping Zion doesn't play
I'm pretty sure he's going to play. Both of our seasons are on the line. If this were a game in November, sure, rest him. But as it stands, the Kings have no answer for Zion, so it would be crazy to not kick the tires and see what he's got.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure he's going to play. Both of our seasons are on the line. If this were a game in November, sure, rest him. But as it stands, the Kings have no answer for Zion, so it would be crazy to not kick the tires and see what he's got.
But then he could risk making that hamstring pull or strain becoming a major tear. That's risky business, even if it is at the end of the season.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I expect him to play too. Point of no return. Hopefully Brown and crew saved some secret sauce just for this game.

Ernie Johnson said in the post-game that this was the first time in Thompson's career that he's played at least 12 minutes in a game and didn't score.
Also, the only time in NBA history a player went scoreless against a team they once scored 37 points in a single quarter against.

Probably the last chance to trot out the “did you know Klay Thompson scored 37 points in one quarter” joke trivia. I think he’s heading east this summer,

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Even though the Kings were 4-0 against the Lakers and 0-5 versus the Pelicans, I'm glad the Kings are playing the Pelicans on Friday.

I think the chances of a fairly called game by the refs is much more likely playing the Pelicans than the Lakers.
Silver can still get that precious NorCal TV market for a 7 game series.

Also didn't watch the game but Smoothie King or whatever they call it arena looked half empty in the highlights.

The thing about hamstrings - the more you rely on it for your explosive movement, the more chance it (re) injures. Ask Chris Paul during the Rockets final. It can be a pernicious downward spiral type injury. In serious cases the injury can become plagueing or chronic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.