Kings Jazz deal

I can't see them doing that because Boozer is finally coming into his own, and Sloan is loving it.

I think they would bite though if we offered Martin, and our pick.

Don't be suprised if Martin is shopped this year to try to get rid of some bad contracts with him. Garcia can play SG, and imo is just as good as Martin if given the chance. Not as good scoring, but defense, rebounding, and athleticism all better than Martin. Not to say Martin is a slouch though!

This is the second thread I've looked at in 5 minutes where someone proposed trading for AK.

Doesn't it bother anyone that he's constantly injured, playing badly, and has a contract for $14M-$18M which runs through 2011? Kenny Thomas' contract is for an eternity, but AK's is for an eternity + a year, and is twice as big.

I find that worrisome.

This is the second thread I've looked at in 5 minutes where someone proposed trading for AK.

Doesn't it bother anyone that he's constantly injured, playing badly, and has a contract for $14M-$18M which runs through 2011? Kenny Thomas' contract is for an eternity, but AK's is for an eternity + a year, and is twice as big.

I find that worrisome.

Buy low sell high???? lol

lets just make this short & sweet. as long as tyrant sees these things then tyrant will be pleased

1. thomas TRADED
2. salmons traded, or not starting
3. miller traded, or not starting
4. cisco not starting
5. abdur-rahim traded or not starting
6. corliss not starting
7. a coach with REAL NBA experience

as long as i see these things next year im satisfied.

Can we get a moratorium on half-arsed attempts to get back into the playoffs that aren't going to happen anyway? This present roster is devoid of top talent and leadership, and you build through the draft. It would be terribly stupid to trade our draft pick.

I mean, come on, would YOU take SAR, Salmons, and the #10 for Boozer?

lets just make this short & sweet. as long as tyrant sees these things then tyrant will be pleased

1. thomas TRADED CHECK
2. salmons traded, or not starting CHECK
3. miller traded, or not starting A DEFENSIVE PF WILL HELP HERE
4. cisco not starting ARE YOU CRAZY? GET RID OF ARTEST AND START CISCO!
5. abdur-rahim traded or not starting CHECK
6. corliss not starting CHECK CHECK CHECK
7. a coach with REAL NBA experience CHECK
We agree on most points. But I love the idea of Cisco starting at SF.. Why don't you like this? I think he got a wealth of exp this year towards the end, and produced when asked. He is a Martin clone with defense and athleticism. He gets to the line at will as well!!!

Miller will be fine as long as we get a berrter PF. I think Miller can still be useful, and better than 80% of the centers out there if played correctly.

AK's become one of the most overpaid players in the league this season and apparently a crybaby. He's being paid franchise player dollars and playing like a scrub.

Not as good scoring, but defense, rebounding, and athleticism all better than Martin. Not to say Martin is a slouch though!
Martin is a lot more athletic than Cisco, and using his athleticism to his advantage, he is already an average to above-average defender at his position. Cisco still struggles defensively defending NBA-level SGs 1-on-1 because of his lack of quickness.

AK's become one of the most overpaid players in the league this season and apparently a crybaby. He's being paid franchise player dollars and playing like a scrub.
Sometimes a change of scenary is needed. How many would've thought Tyson Chandler would break out like he did?

Martin is a lot more athletic than Cisco, and using his athleticism to his advantage, he is already an average to above-average defender at his position. Cisco still struggles defensively defending NBA-level SGs 1-on-1 because of his lack of quickness.
HUH??? While I agree Martin is more athletic, Cisco is CLEARLY the better defensive player.

HUH??? While I agree Martin is more athletic, Cisco is CLEARLY the better defensive player.

Garcia's defense was pretty good except for a few of those games he scored a lot of points. Martin's been doing that all season. So yeah, while he is the better defender I think the more his minutes and shot attempts go up the less defense he'll play. He'll get tired. Martin played good defense last year but was sorta horrendous this year except for against Tony Parker and Ray Allen.

Yeah, I give Bricklayer first in line on the Chandler bandwagon, but I've been putting out Chandler trades since days of the One Big Trade Thread.

Chandler is definitely a prize rebounder, shot blocker and garbage collector (sanitation engineer?) around the rim. Plus, he can run the floor. He's 'xactly what the Kings need inside. Remember his draft day when he weighed about 102 pounds and looked like an anorexic stickman?:eek:

True. Buy low, sell high. Remember how no one wanted to touch Boozer last summer?
I think that's why I am on the AK bandwagon...he can do a little of everything well..kinda like cisco...imagine this line-up:

C: Justin Williams
PF: AK
SF: Ron Artest
SG: Kevin Martin
PG: Cisco

That's be a damn good defensive team and they'd be able to hold their own on offense.

I think that's why I am on the AK bandwagon...he can do a little of everything well..kinda like cisco...imagine this line-up:

That's be a damn good defensive team and they'd be able to hold their own on offense.
Uhhhhh.....

C: Douby
PF: Justin Williams
SF: AK
PG: Price

all defensive team right there

Yeah, I give Bricklayer first in line on the Chandler bandwagon, but I've been putting out Chandler trades since days of the One Big Trade Thread.

Me too.. I wasn't going to touch Chandler because he had so many years to "break out" and it took that change of scenery to finally do so. good call brick.