Your Teams to watch this year

K

KingMilz

With preseason a couple days away aside from the Kings which teams will you be watching this season and if you want explain why

1. Dallas Mavericks: main reason Quincy Acy and to a lesser extent it's Dirks last go around probably being an effective player. I've also keen to see how good Justin Anderson can become I really liked him last year and finally I want to see how good Wes looks now and if Harrison can step up.

2. Phoenix Suns: Devin Booker/Bledsoe (health permitting) back court for me is a must watch and hoping TJ Warren can comeback strong. I also want to see Chriss to see if we did the right thing or not.

3. Pelicans: For some reason I always like Solomon Hill, Moore and Langston Galloway and they all ended up on the same team, will be interesting to see if AD and Reke (if he's ever healthy) can carry them to a 8th seed. Terrance Jones is also a very interesting signing .

4. Nuggets: 9-6 GOAT + Jokic + healthy Gallo/Ill Will + all there young talent should be fairly exciting

5. Indiana Pacers: There starting 5 on paper looks vicious and I've super high on Myles Turner will be interesting to see how Al Jefferson/Young fit in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't watch many games except for Kings games but I'm interested if Utah can live up to the hype. Also, the Bulls will be fun to watch :D

"Watch" in terms of success.

Clippers....can't stand but I think they might be title contenders. Jordan is really good and if all healthy tough.

Bulls....Wade Rondo Butler might be good together. McDermott is good and would have traded Gay for him straight up. Lopez gives em solid Center.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
"Watch" in terms of success.

Clippers....can't stand but I think they might be title contenders. Jordan is really good and if all healthy tough.

Bulls....Wade Rondo Butler might be good together. McDermott is good and would have traded Gay for him straight up. Lopez gives em solid Center.
Of course, there's also an equal chance that they turn into a raging tire fire by the end of preseason.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'll watch the Celtics and Blazers in addition to the Kings because I have strong connections to those cities. That's it until the playoffs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Definitely will be watching the T-Wolves play with my favorite prospect Kris Dunn. Another team I'm intrigued by is the Bucks, so much nice talent on the team, plus I want to see if Thon Maker gets any burn. OKC Thunder is another one to see how Russ responds to being the main option now.

K

KingMilz

Since there is no preseason thread I'll just make some observations in here from some of the games I watched

The Nuggets version of Hernangomez looks like he could be the biggest steal in the draft his IQ is on another level (some of the passes he makes my lord) and he moves well enough without being a great athlete to be a threat with a solid stroke. His motor on the floor is unbelievable as well he's got some Casspi in him in that regard.

Jalen Brown reminds me of Jeff Green currently except Brown is super aggressive/fearless unlike Green which is a great thing for him

I like Malcom Brogdon looks like a solid do it all combo guard

Joel Emidd while super rusty his skill level and talent is out of this world some of the things he was doing at 7'1 in his first preseason game were pretty mind blowing he just has to learn to pass out of double teams. If this dude can ever stay healthy would be .a great thing for the NBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be watching too many other games due to a variety of other responsibilities, but I am going to keep track of the T-Wolves. Lots of talent there, even if it is young talent.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Same as last year: Kings, and whatever team Tyreke Evans is on. I'll watch the occasional Hawks game, because they're on TV around here, and I'll check for the Nuggets, because of Malone.

But, honestly, I'm kind of the antithesis of a casual fan, because I more or less boycott the "glamour" teams out of principle, unless they're playing the Kings. I will, however, watch just about any NBA game, if a superstar isn't playing in it.

Kings for obvious reasons and all of the Kentucky Wildcats playing in the NBA. I'll try to keep tabs on the Phoenix Suns because half of their team is Wildcats.

K

KingMilz

Ra'Shan Holmes looks like a steal for Philly (think he was a 2nd round pick a year or two ago) dude is a 6'8 PF very good build and leaping ability and has a insane motor.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm mildly curious about how successful the Rockets will be with D'Antoni coaching and Harden at the point surrounded by gunners not known for defense.

Philly is interesting though mismatched. Embiid and (eventually) Simmons should be cornerstone pieces, albeit ones that aren't perfect compliments for each other. Okafor and Noel don't help in that regard but they can possibly be moved to balance the roster. Hopefully they don't get good enough for that pick swap to really bite the Kings.

It's one game but I loved how the Spurs played last night.

Honestly there's something compelling about almost every team to me.

Suns will be interesting to see their young players develop...I think they can be a very good team in a couple years.

Harden/Rockets, not so much that I want to watch them, more so out of curiosity of the kind of numbers he will put up this season having free reign in a D'Antoni offense. He could average 30/10 this season.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This seems semi-appropriate for this thread...

"Won" (kinda on accident) a school auction last spring and have the opportunity to select high end Blazers seats vs. the Magic or the Grizzlies. Which would you choose? My girlfriend was thinking Grizzlies and I'm cool with that but Magic has Aaron Gordon who I am a fan of plus some up and coming young talent.

Any thoughts?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'd go with Orlando personally. Frank Vogel is there this season. They added Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka, and Bismack Biyombo and cleared out some of the positional redundancy on the perimeter. They should be an up and coming team or at least an interesting storyline. I prefer watching young players though. Memphis still has Tony Allen who's always fun to watch and Mike Conley and that will probably be a more competitive game. Either one should be fun. I saw the Blazers last season at my lone Kings home game of the year (we lost) and in pre-season this month against the Clipps. There's a lot of fun young talent on that team too and they always bring it. Have fun!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I think my gf has a lady boner for Mike Conley which is why she wants that game. But yeah. I was just thinking of Elfrid Payton and Gordon without realizing the Magic added those other guys.