your favorite kings.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I know its the name on the front not the back blah blah blah. But all get a little bit more excited when one player does something special. Now I was just wondering what your top 5 favorite players on this team is. No positional bias at all. It can be 3 pg's if you want. here is mine

Jason Thompson
Donte Greene
Tyreke Evans
Kevin Martin
Omri Casspi

I know its the name on the front not the back blah blah blah. But all get a little bit more excited when one player does something special. Now I was just wondering what your top 5 favorite players on this team is. No positional bias at all. It can be 3 pg's if you want. here is mine

Jason Thompson
Donte Greene
Tyreke Evans
Kevin Martin
Omri Casspi
Wow our lists are exactly the same.. but honestly those 3 top guys i could interchange.

My list has 3 rookies in it. An NBA record? ;)

1. Omri - No brainer there. He's the reason I came, and he also justifies my bias towards him with the way he plays :)
2. Beno - I don't know what happened last year, but this year almost everything he does has a positive impact. Plus, he's also ex-Maccabi which gives him extra points with me.
3. Tyreke - even though I'm against the superstar status mentality, this guy is an amazing player.
4. Brockman - how can you not love that guy?
5. JT - awesome!

*Honorable mention - Donte.
*Still haven't given up hope - Spencer
*Will surprise all of us in the future - Sergio
*In a slump, but gave us a win against Denver - Noc

As a new fan, I don't know Cisco and Martin well enough.

1. Tyreke.....'Nuff said. He's the superstar this team has needed since Richmond.

2. Omri....Peja with an inside game, and defense...Not to mention heart.

3. JT.....Love his heart, hustle and raw talent....Only thing he needs to do is stop complaining to the refs....

4. Donte'......He's growing on me..

1. Tyreke - Superstar
2. Greene - Excellent potential to be a very good 2 way player
3. Brockman - How can you NOT love his game. If he were 5 inches taller he would be an all-star
4. Casspi - Love the heart that he shows
5. Martin - Great scorer

If you look at my top 4, they all have a common "theme", heart and hustle!

Kings Nation - as in Kings U.N.

Udoka (multi-lingual, reportedly speaks 5 languages - not sure exactly which ones)

Rodriquez (bilingual, speaking Spanish, English)

Nocioni (tri-lingual, speaking Spanish, Italian, English)

Garcia (bi-lingual, speaking Spanish, English)

Casspi (bi-lingual, speaking Hebrew, English)

Udrih (bi-lingual, speaking Slovenian, English)

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Raindrops from Tyreke
and thunder from Donte
Shoving from Peaches
Keeps big men away
Rebounds from Spencer will lead us to Rings
These are a few of my favorite Kings

Beno and Sergio
and even some Kenny
Who'd gladly trade minutes
for some fewer pennies
Omri attacks like a sentient being

When Jason pouts
When Napear shouts
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite Kings
And then I don't feel sooo baaad.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Raindrops from Tyreke
and thunder from Donte
Shoving from Peaches
Keeps big men away
Rebounds from Spencer will lead us to Rings

Beno and Sergio
and even some Kenny
Who'd gladly trade minutes
for some fewer pennies
Omri attacks like a sentient being

When Jason pouts
When Napear shouts
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite Kings
And then I don't feel sooo baaad.
Maybe you could get Spence and Brockman to sing this!

Nice job.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Spence and Brockman?

I'd need an entire chorus line of Kings Court dancers, and confetti. Lots of confetti.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Spence and Brockman?

I'd need an entire chorus line of Kings Court dancers, and confetti. Lots of confetti.
I mentioned 31 and 40 as they've shown them on the Jumbotron singing karaoke. I can understand you wanting more, though...

:p

Mike Bibby
Doug Christie
Peja Stojakovic
Chris Webber
Vlade Divac

Wait, I feel like I did something wrong.

In all seriousness:

Tyreke Evans
Kevin Martin
Donte Greene
Jason Thompson
Omri Casspi

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
1-Donte (Gotta pull for the young gun. Plus when he's going, it's fun to watch.)
2-Kevin (Such a fluid player. This rating is based purely on his offensive game though)
3-Cisco (Maybe I just have a thing for Late 1st round swingmen)
4-JT (Love his heart and hustle. The complaining, not so much)
5-Brockstar (See above)

1. Tyreke (The Future)
2. Brockman (Passion)
3. Dante (The Future's dynamic side kick/potentially our best player including reke)
4. Kevin (Made it happen)
5. Beno (earning his money)

Sergio - He may not be very regular or an important piece but it's not only about he being spaniard (It'd be easy for me to follow Gasol's Fakers as 98% of spaniards do) - it's about Sergio making this game more beautiful with his sick passes And he's still 23.

Tyreke - A beast, he can be one of most important players in the league next year.
Brockman - Another kind of beast LOL
Omri - Really impressive
Beno - He's being incredible this year
THompson - Very solid and a bright future
Greene - Improving a lot

All of them except Beno are very young - that's one of the reasons I love this team

1. Casspi : always loved a guy who plays night in and night out like he always has something to prove... even when he has already proven that he deserves to be in the league... i like his intensity and his emotion in the game

2. Tyreke Evans: true i didnt like the pick first i wanted the other guy but his skill set, talent and heart has won me over. he 's got a lot to learn but he is getting there and i will be happy to be around to see in time the kings feared respected cause of him.

3. Hawes: why? simply put he may be a softie and a 3 point shooting center but he's one of the best passing bigs out there. and a key ingredient to the princeton O. and hey there's got to be at least one believer left for him.. i may ridicule him once in a while but still one of my faves

4. Brockman: work ethic, energy and effort, there's no too big or too small to play the 4 in this guy.. he may be a 6foot7 forward but he's got the heart of a 7foot center. and every team needs one of these guys.. sign him to an extension quick!

5. thompson: big, athletic, and improving... proving to us that he is more than just a SOLID starter.

Sergio - the reason why I following the Kings. Has one of the best court visions and passing abilities in the world. Literally playing with his head, as he is really an underdog in every other aspect.
Casspi - know him since he was a kid, when to see him playing before he was at Maccabi. Not exactly the type of player but I always appreciated his talent and his determination and I'm glad that he succeed.
Beno - So elegant!
I also like Hawes.

Last edited: