wizard of Earthsea

Anyone watch it last night on SciFi? legend of earthsea as they have named it in the miniseries...

battlestar galacta returns this january

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep. Watched and enjoyed it - and will watch part 2 tonight, after the game and after The Amazing Race. (I love how Sci-Fi channel repeats their programming!)

HELP! the tape didn't work and it doesn't look like they'll be showing it again. ACK! stupid parental lock i set on the tv blocked the show out..forgot to unlock it first! UGH!!! anyone have a tape? anyone? anyone?? PLEASE???!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It was ok. Far better than the usual SF fare. Read the books back when I was a kid. They picked and chose what they wanted to borrow. Overall not a bad low budget effort, but to do that world and the full story credit it would take a production at the level of the LOTR trilogy. This one often lacked scope, and sometimes did the silly 10 guys in armor represents an entrie army bit -- there were times it felt like an episode of Xena.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Iggy why didn't you just titile this thread hopeless Nerds sign in please. Im here now!
It was fun, but too compressed This is not a 4 hr (3 if you take out the commercials) project it is more like 6 hrs. Guess with Harry Potter and LOR leading the script they picked the Wizard school and buddy subplots to run with, too bad if memory serves correct it was the various cultures and histiries I found most interesting when I read the books... Oh well I had fun.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am somewhat chagrined to admit I never read the original books. I love Tolkien and Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider series. Would I like the books?