Willie Cauley-Stein:

I think that WCS, even though he considers Cousins his "big brother" and his mentor, will help Cousins with his game just as much as Cousins does with his game. What a great combination they are going to make.
Baja, I really think you're right that we could have a VERY special player on our hands.

GO KINGS!!!

willie cauley-stein is a fascinating young man with tremendous potential. if demarcus sticks around long enough for WCS to develop into a full-time starter, it's gonna be one helluva show to feature two of the nba's most unique big men in the same lineup...

Virtually entire sports world media has ignored or vastly downplayed WCS in favor of going gaga over Mudiay - pick right behind Kings by Denver at #7. Many "expert" analysis say 18 year old Denver guard is most likely latest NBA class to win ROY with top potential for future stardom among all lottery picks. IMO this talk is bordering on stupidity and just shows lack of understanding of what's really going on with Kings or just more never ends blatant bias. Screw them, WCS and Kings this season will show them all!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Virtually entire sports world media has ignored or vastly downplayed WCS in favor of going gaga over Mudiay - pick right behind Kings by Denver at #7. Many "expert" analysis say 18 year old Denver guard is most likely latest NBA class to win ROY with top potential for future stardom among all lottery picks. IMO this talk is bordering on stupidity and just shows lack of understanding of what's really going on with Kings or just more never ends blatant bias. Screw them, WCS and Kings this season will show them all!
Beginning countdown for thread hijack... :p

I disagree with whoever the expert analysts are that predicted Mudiay will be the best player out of the draft. After watching more of Okafor in SL i can say with confidence that he is the best player from this draft class. The guy is a low post scoring beast. Hes the type of guy that i think will give Cousins some really good battles for years to come.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The best thing about Okafor being a beast is that The Lakers passed on him for a low ceiling, high bust potential combo guard!!

Muhahaha!

O(n)T: Trill seems like a humble guy who wants to put in the work. Bonus points for being an artsy weirdo that loves cartoons! Can't friggin wait for this season. Our rook is gonna be hosting some block parties!

Last edited:
I disagree with whoever the expert analysts are that predicted Mudiay will be the best player out of the draft. After watching more of Okafor in SL i can say with confidence that he is the best player from this draft class. The guy is a low post scoring beast. Hes the type of guy that i think will give Cousins some really good battles for years to come.
If Cousins is guarding him. WCS might be in the middle some of the time or a lot checking centers like Okafor. Plus, Okafor being in EC Kings won't be seeing him all that much.

Cousins would score 50 hell Koufos could possibly get 20-10 on him his defense is atrocious.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to say your wrong, but at this point in time, you, me and nobody knows who the best player in this draft class will be. Way too early to be making those kind of judgements. Personally at the time, if I were the Lakers I would have made the exact same choice they made. But if I had to take a guess who will end up being the best player from this class, I would go with Towns. Way more athletic than Okafor, a much better defender/shotblocker, and he has more offensive tools in his kit than Okafor has. Don't get me wrong. I like Okafor, but long term, I like Towns more.

Cousins would score 50 hell Koufos could possibly get 20-10 on him his defense is atrocious.
Al Jefferson's defense isnt very good and he's still a hell of a player. Theres something to be said about low post scoring big man. The amount of pressure that they put on the opposing defense is yooje!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I became a Cauley Stein fan two seasons ago when I first watched him play for UK...ever since then I was always vouching for the Kings to have a chance of drafting him because he was the perfect fit next to our franchise player, if he develops properly of course.