Why does everyone hate the Warriors? (split)

Spurs killed the Warriors on the boards and actually went with Bully ball.

Just from what I've seen in the preseason, I think the Kings are a good rebounding team...........but we certainly WEREN'T playing bully ball. I feel like Joeger is trying to play an up-tempo high pace style with Cousins-Koufos. Preseason offense just seemed awful and awkward all around. Not many positives to take away from it.

I think it's extremely hard to shut down the Warriors. Spurs did it tonight, but there'll be games where Curry and KD drop 35pts each.

Spurs killed the Warriors on the boards and actually went with Bully ball.

I think it's extremely hard to shut down the Warriors. Spurs did it tonight, but there'll be games where Curry and KD drop 35pts each.
And I think that's been the proven formula to beating the Warriors. It may not work every time, but it works better than anything else. Try to run and shoot with them, you lose a higher percentage of the time.

The Thunder and Cavs played them physically in the postseason and had success. The Spurs did it last night and it was more of the same.

And the Warriors should be more susceptible to that style of play this season due to the players they lost. KD certainly doesn't fit the physicality role. Draymond and West are really the only guys they have to combat that style of play and Draymond is drastically undersized. I realize not everyone has a Aldridge/Gasol frontline, but they could absolutely toy with the W's small lineups when it came to rebounding the ball. If other teams are able to play big up front with some semi skilled bigs, they should have success.

And I think that's been the proven formula to beating the Warriors. It may not work every time, but it works better than anything else. Try to run and shoot with them, you lose a higher percentage of the time.

The Thunder and Cavs played them physically in the postseason and had success. The Spurs did it last night and it was more of the same.

And the Warriors should be more susceptible to that style of play this season due to the players they lost. KD certainly doesn't fit the physicality role. Draymond and West are really the only guys they have to combat that style of play and Draymond is drastically undersized. I realize not everyone has a Aldridge/Gasol frontline, but they could absolutely toy with the W's small lineups when it came to rebounding the ball. If other teams are able to play big up front with some semi skilled bigs, they should have success.
The Warriors are going to really miss Bogut and Ezeli on defense this year.

The Warriors are going to really miss Bogut and Ezeli on defense this year.
Agreed. More than a lot of people thought heading into the season.

I get that last night was the Spurs and that not every team can pose the same problems, but no chance last season's Warriors team loses to the Spurs at home like that -- especially on opening night.

This is a different team. Still very good, but different.

Cousins just needs to be surrounded with good shooters who can make an open shot to make those double teams less effective. Put him together with Collison, Afflalo, Gay and Tolliver/Casspi and those double teams can be a very expensive mistake.

Cousins just needs to be surrounded with good shooters who can make an open shot to make those double teams less effective. Put him together with Collison, Afflalo, Gay and Tolliver/Casspi and those double teams can be a very expensive mistake.
cousins also needs to get a bit better at reading his way out of a double-team in order to hit the open man. he's so powerful and mobile for his size, and he's so able to finish through contact and earn trips to the foul line, that he can get tunnel-visioned near the rim. in joerger's offense, my guess is that demarcus gets double- and triple-teamed more than ever before, and i'd hope that the game plan has an emphasis on making opponents pay for doing so. i hope joerger's running demarcus through drills that require him to spot and effectively pass to the open man when doubled. he hit rudy for an open three early in the game against the spurs, but rudy had to catch the ball at his feet before he gathered it up, which isn't ideal. if demarcus doesn't have the advantage to score through the double when it comes, then i want to see smart, crisp passes to his teammates when they're open.

Their smug commentators are the worst I have ever heard.
They have 4 all-stars when most teams have 1 or 2.
Bombs away is a stupid way to play basketball.