Who'll fill the gap while Martin is out? (split from injured thread...)

Will be interesting to see if Tyreke can use this to find a niche without the ball. He's strong and fast he can fight through defenders and get himself in scoring position.

I give Donte 10 games here with more playing, if he's not showing marked improvement and still looks lost on the court, then it's back to Reno for him. I'd rather give Udoka playing time than watch Donte keep getting beat night in and night out. But we'll have to see how hes been.

Will be interesting to see if Tyreke can use this to find a niche without the ball. He's strong and fast he can fight through defenders and get himself in scoring position.
Agreed.

I think his biggest challenge will be getting his shot back. I don't know what's been wrong with him the last 3 games, he's never been a high percentage shooter, or high PPS, but just lately he's been awful (about .300 shooting, <0.9 PPS, while everyone else who gets regular minutes is in the .400-.600 shooting range and around 1.2 PPS). I don't know whether it's that he's a little gimpy and not jumping quite as well as usual, or if something is going on in his head, or if teams are defending him better, or what. (I'm guessing that it's in his head, since even his FT % is down.) But whatever it is, he needs to get past it. Then I think he'll get passed the ball pretty often. Until then, I could understand it if he got less touches.

I give Donte 10 games here with more playing, if he's not showing marked improvement and still looks lost on the court, then it's back to Reno for him. I'd rather give Udoka playing time than watch Donte keep getting beat night in and night out. But we'll have to see how hes been.
word!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
As to filling the gap while Martin is out...................any questions now after the Jazz game? Didn't think so.

Tyreke is a rookie with only one year of college ball, in case many of you might have forgotten. That means he, and Mello and most top 5 picks recently with only one year of college have struggled their first year. But after 6 games his improvements are noticeable every game and he is talked about by the media everywhere as really top notch.

Reke's shooting will determine whether or not he can fill in for Kevin's scoring. On good shooting nights, he'll score a lot of points; on bad shooting nights, he'll be double-teamed and contained. There probably won't be 27 more games like Utah.

Reke's shooting will determine whether or not he can fill in for Kevin's scoring. On good shooting nights, he'll score a lot of points; on bad shooting nights, he'll be double-teamed and contained. There probably won't be 27 more games like Utah.
There is no doubt that Evens will find things much easier out there when he is hitting his outside shots, but he has proven that he doesn't need to hit his shots to be able to score. He has gotten into the lane regularly even when they are playing off him and almost daring him to shoot from the outside.

I think what is more important is that they all keep playing as a TEAM. That has been the primary factor in why the offense and defense have looked better the last two nights.